No announcement yet.

*** VD 12 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can switch to Stephens if you want, nobody else can take him, but it seems unnecessarily disruptive.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• No I think switching is bad at this point.

And maybe I shouldn't have said anything as I don't think any harm was done.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
        No I think switching is bad at this point.

And maybe I shouldn't have said anything as I don't think any harm was done.
        I'll be furious if that costs me 11th place!

Comment

• Well KS was nice enough to let me lead round 24 before putting down the hammer. Maybe something crazy can happen in this last round still...

Comment

• Sorry for the delay but today was My Xmas with my three girls and 5 grand kids. I thought I was done having Grandkids . But my Middle daughter who never talked about kids gave me my present today and in it was a magnet with a black and white picture. I look at it (I have terrible vision) and as I was trying to figure it out. My eyes were telling me sonogram but babies never enter my brain . Then I thought why did she hand me a picture that look like a sonogram. Then brain said oh oh OH. So it was a good day.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
              Sorry for the delay but today was My Xmas with my three girls and 5 grand kids. I thought I was done having Grandkids . But my Middle daughter who never talked about kids gave me my present today and in it was a magnet with a black and white picture. I look at it (I have terrible vision) and as I was trying to figure it out. My eyes were telling me sonogram but babies never enter my brain . Then I thought why did she hand me a picture that look like a sonogram. Then brain said oh oh OH. So it was a good day.
              Congrats mate
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Mjl your inbox is full and you are up!

Comment

Sorry for the delay but today was My Xmas with my three girls and 5 grand kids. I thought I was done having Grandkids . But my Middle daughter who never talked about kids gave me my present today and in it was a magnet with a black and white picture. I look at it (I have terrible vision) and as I was trying to figure it out. My eyes were telling me sonogram but babies never enter my brain . Then I thought why did she hand me a picture that look like a sonogram. Then brain said oh oh OH. So it was a good day.
                  Congrats, what an exciting day. My girls are 16 and 18, but hopefully someday i will have an experience like yours. Must be an amazing experience
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Let's see how much of my finish ends up being attributable to being the only person who uses bbref instead of the spreadsheet and thus knows about more players.

btw, not sure he would actually have been useful due to having terrible career numbers, but if you needed a good speed BY out of a bad letter and position, Jonathan Villar 2016 had .285/19 HR/63 RBI/92 R/62 SB at 2B/SS. If I didn't already have overkill on BY SB I might have been better off using that for my MI and using a wild card for my last pitcher. Probably not.
                    Last edited by mjl; 12-28-2018, 02:55 AM.
                    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                      Congrats, what an exciting day. My girls are 16 and 18, but hopefully someday i will have an experience like yours. Must be an amazing experience
                      . I love Grandkids all the good very little bad. Mine are 18,15,12,10,5 and I got my boys with grandkids (2). At one time I could walk to all 3 of my daughters house. Still only 10 min away. I go out to eat with at least 1 of them every week and our Christmas tradition (and birthday) is we go out to eat and shopping. Today I am meeting the 18 year old for that and the other 4 are clamoring for when we are going. I play Fortnite about 4 nights a week with the 2 boys and we have a blast.( they are really good and I am really bad but they don’t care and we just laugh and laugh)

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

• I am going to be unavailable for a while starting pretty soon. DMT is posting elsewhere so I assume he is going to be (pick)ing while white very soon here.
                          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• I definitely benefited from getting Walter Johnson in this draft. It allowed me to not know what I was doing for six rounds, not have to draft another pitcher during that time, and just grab hitting value based on historical drafts.

This is one of the few drafts where I have picked a player early strategically rather than based on pure value. I figured with Johnson on my team, I could absorb the ratio hit of Phil Niekro and sit pretty in the pitching categories for a while, allowing me to need to draft only one other pitcher (John Franco) in the first twelve. Then I finally went on a pitching run, anchoring my ratios with Sweeney and Bender and adding in a bunch of closers and finally capping it off win/K monster Mickey Lolich.
                            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• OK I'm back. Apparently who I pick here matters a bunch and changes a lot of stuff. I thought for sure one particular dude was my best option but it looks like he might not be, despite his (dubious) HoF status.
                              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                                OK I'm back. Apparently who I pick here matters a bunch and changes a lot of stuff.
                                Yep..

Comment

Working...
                                X