No announcement yet.

*** VD 12 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heye said he was shock to hear CJ was up past his bedtime to make a pick that he will be done feeding his cats soon and make a pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
      Heye said he was shock to hear CJ was up past his bedtime to make a pick that he will be done feeding his cats soon and make a pick.
      Either Hacko has been hitting the fermented potato juice, or he's really an Indian (the non-accidental Columbus kind)

Comment

• Sorry, spent the day at the soup kitchen, and the evening with RJEL girl...
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          Sorry, spent the day at the soup kitchen, and the evening with RJEL girl...
          Don't judge, guys. Heye *loves* soup.
          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Ouch, that was a pretty brutal turn! I had Jenkins typed in before switching to Smoltz.....

Comment

• I’m awake, sadly. I’ll be picking after coffee and an exorcism.
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                Don't judge, guys. Heye *loves* soup.
                I made 100 hot dogs and 25 cans of beans yesterday.

Comment

• Hey revo, is it my former team that is the abandoned disaster in RJEL?

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                    Hey revo, is it my former team that is the abandoned disaster in RJEL?
                    No, lol. Jude Baldo’s.

Comment

• Hi.

I'm Orval.

And these are my overalls.

Orval's Overalls. Get your pair today.

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                        Orval's Overalls
                        Something something band name.

Comment

• I'm definitely nervous about the number of guys I've taken who appear never to have been taken before, but I'm hoping Quentin wasn't taken because he used to be a contemporary hitter and he isn't now.
                          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                            Ken

Thank you Ken for not picking a fucking boring team like the rest of us! So Ken opens with the Fuck Flexibility Gambit in Barry Bonds and Teddy Cue Ball - B, W, MH and 2xOF only eligibility. But you know, that in itself isn't a bad pairing. Sure it has some downsides, but you got the rest of the draft to address that, and those numbers... baby! Then Ken decides to throw in a curve ball and goes for a bog standard value pick in Gibbo. Oh look, Koufax goes, then Gibson. YAWN! So we're all saying to ourselves, Ken is just going to be another boring VD value drafter. We're all looking at our rankings, the VD9 History Thread, and picking the safest dullest picks we can find. HA! It's a ruse! Ken is just messing with us. Ken is just getting warmed up. Us boring post-Seitzer VD'ers might look at Gibson and think, *whinynerdvoice* "I think those non-DP ratios will anchor my pitching very nicely indeed". Not so Ken. Ken laughs at that logic. Ken has been planning his masterstroke since the outset. Then it comes like a curve ball from the gods. BOOM! Jack Quinn! "That's what I think of ratios!", Ken screams as he frantically clicks "Post Reply". Sure he's "technically" a Deadball Pitcher, sure he's "technically" got catastrophic ratios ... you think Ken gives a flying fuck about technicalities? NO.HE.FUCKING.DOESN'T. But Ken isn't done fucking with us. He wants us to think he still has respect for VD orthodoxy, so with a wry grin Ken makes another herd-value pick in Pedro Martinez. The VD nerds are baffled again, "is he one of us?" they ask, "Does he even have a ranking formula?". "Ah I see", they say. *whinynerdvoice* "Ken is clearly going to use Gibbo, Pedro and 3xDP's to handle Quinn's ratios ... he is one of us ... HARAH!". LOL Ken is just getting started. "Fuck flexibility" Ken shouts as he again skewers VD orthodoxy by grabbing Tris Speaker, his 3rd consecutive OF-only eligible monster letter hitter in a row. The VD nerds are confounded again. But what they don't realize is that Speaker is merely a distraction pick! While the nerds gaze with furrowed brow trying to make sense of the OF-only BWS combo of Bazza, Ted and Tris, the real fireworks are about to take place over on the pitching side. "You really thought I was going to care about fucking ratios!", Ken mutters to himself, as he angrily types in the words John Clarkson EIGHTEEN EIGHTY FIVE! Manically Ken screams "Wins and K's bitches, WINS AND K's!!!!". Next it's Nolan Ryan! "HAHAHA MORE WINS AND K's ... MORE MORE MORE!!!" It is now clear what Ken has been doing all along. While we are all looking at the ratios, Ken has managed to take all the wins and K's! ALL OF THEM! But the scariest pick is still to come, the pick that will send shivers down the spine of every VD'er. Silver Fucking King! 600IP of 1.64/0.876 RATIOS! Now he's openly mocking us! Throwing picks in our faces! I don't know what to say anymore, I just don't know. Is this the beginning? Is this the end? What's next? Can I do another team review after this? Only time will tell. One thing is for sure though, Ken knows something we don't, and we need to know what that something is before it's too late!
                            Hahaha, if only half of this were true. I'm just trying to play along this first time and just pick 25 guys at this point. That's a hilarious writeup though. Nice work!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              Hahaha, if only half of this were true. I'm just trying to play along this first time and just pick 25 guys at this point. That's a hilarious writeup though. Nice work!
                              In all seriousness, you aren't in terrible shape. But I think the Nolan Ryan pick was a clear error. You just didn't need his W's and K's at this stage and the BY ratios hurt. With Ryan - 1.86 / 0.955; without Ryan - 1.8 and 0.930. that's a big difference considering the number of IP you've amassed.

... but maybe if you stick Barry with enough juice, he'll be high enough to play catcher for you

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                                I'm definitely nervous about the number of guys I've taken who appear never to have been taken before, but I'm hoping Quentin wasn't taken because he used to be a contemporary hitter and he isn't now.
                                Wow, I forgot we changed that.
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X