X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]960[/ATTACH]

Who's the New York VDer?
    Lol. Hey, I'll be in Portland Maine later this summer, hoping to catch a Seadogs game.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      I had talked to scott at one point about trying to program a website that would allow us to pick teams and calc scores. would be a good learning experience for me, although my current job expects about 10 hours of work a day out of me, so I'm not sure I have the time to even think about learning.
      Check in with MJL - and his Mad skills to get a non RJ - VD web site going. (see roster checking tool thread in Baseball forum)

Come fellas need to get my VD fix before I die !!!!!

Put your talents to the better good ....... instead of making money you Bastards!!!!

Comment

I'm missing activity here ... I need to redo my browser tab links for RJ.

Comment

Can someone send me a primer on how this works? I've never done a vintage draft.
          PM if possible because I rarely look at this forum (yet).

I do have *some* interest

Comment

Where Jamie Quirk has more value than Buster Posey. It's RJ's own take on fantasy baseball -- Vintage Drafting.

(also PM'ed)
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

We really need to do A VD when the Season ends. I want to finally Draft KLUBOT AND EE !!!!!!

Hell Maybe Frae can win one of these as he is closing in on a PONY title.

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
                Hey everybody. Long time.

I honestly wish I could shove in for another vd, but life is completely in the way right now. Staring my own consulting business, getting divorced (totally my fault) and not having your own 24 hr workspace because of issue number 2 are all obvious contributing factors. But hey. At least I got to fall in love with a girl nearly half my age. Still not sure if that one is working out. My life is on a constant tbd status lately.

On a side note, I caught up with GITH IRL back in February and he appears to be healthy. He was working in Atlantic City for a few weeks. Think he said he would be back this way in September with the wife. Good times.

I'll heckle when I can't sleep. Good luck boys.
                Also need a Long John up - esp on the Dating scene - need to know if it is worth my while to even enter into that realm again

Comment

Originally posted by hacko View Post
                  We really need to do A VD when the Season ends. I want to finally Draft KLUBOT AND EE !!!!!!

Hell Maybe Frae can win one of these as he is closing in on a PONY title.
                  Season over. Time to start one up!

Comment

On September 2, 1925, the Phillies played the second game of a double header. They didn’t play it well. John McGraw’s Giants burned through the Phillies pitching staff like 1920s industrial fire through a thread factory, hanging 24 runs on Philadelphia’s unremarkable hurlers.

Thanks to Baseball Reference, we no have access to countless innings further into history than we’ve ever gone. So strap in with Justin and Trevor as The Dirty Inning travels back to the atrocity-rich year of 1925, the year Giants outfielder Billy Southworth sipped his last fateful ladle of orangeade in McGraw’s clubhouse...
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

You tease, I can't read an article I need to listen to a pod ! Wasn't it you that complained about video news clips and articles some time ago ? ; )
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                        You tease, I can't read an article I need to listen to a pod ! Wasn't it you that complained about video news clips and articles some time ago ? ; )
                        yeah, I was annoyed that I had to listen instead of read... especially when I saw it was an hour+ long. Still... it's an hour+ on one half inning of baseball... lots of chat about the Giants players, and the cronyism that went into many of them being elected to the HOF... some pretty funny stuff. Here's the box score from the half inning they are discussing...

Code:
                        Top of the 6th, Giants Batting, Ahead 10-3, Phillies' Ray Pierce facing 5-6-7
                        t6	10-3	0	---			NYG	High Pockets Kelly	Ray Pierce	0%	98%	Single to RF
                        t6	10-3	0	1--			NYG	Freddie Lindstrom	Ray Pierce	0%	99%	Single to RF; Kelly to 2B
                        t6	10-3	0	12-			NYG	Travis Jackson	Ray Pierce	0%	99%	Single (Ground Ball to Weak 1B); Kelly to 3B; Lindstrom to 2B
                        t6	10-3	0	123		RR	NYG	Mickey Devine	Ray Pierce	1%	100%	Double (LF-CF); Kelly Scores; Lindstrom Scores; Jackson to 3B
                        t6	12-3	0	-23		R	NYG	Freddie Fitzsimmons	Ray Pierce	0%	100%	Fielder's Choice P; Jackson Scores; Devine to 3B
                        t6	13-3	0	1-3		R	NYG	Billy Southworth	Ray Pierce	0%	100%	Single to CF; Devine Scores; Fitzsimmons to 2B
                        Jack Knight replaces Ray Pierce pitching and batting 9th
                        t6	14-3	0	12-		R	NYG	Frankie Frisch	Jack Knight	0%	100%	Single to CF; Fitzsimmons Scores; Southworth to 3B/Adv on E1; Frisch to 2B
                        t6	15-3	0	-23		RO	NYG	Irish Meusel	Jack Knight	0%	100%	Fielder's Choice SS; Southworth Scores; Frisch out at 3B/SS-3B-2B-3B-SS
                        t6	16-3	1	1--			NYG	Bill Terry	Jack Knight	0%	100%	Double to LF; Meusel to 3B
                        t6	16-3	1	-23		RO	NYG	High Pockets Kelly	Jack Knight	0%	100%	Fielder's Choice SS; Meusel Scores; Terry out at 3B/SS-3B-2B
                        t6	17-3	2	1--			NYG	Freddie Lindstrom	Jack Knight	0%	100%	Single to RF; Kelly to 2B
                        Doc Farrell pinch hits for Travis Jackson (SS) batting 7th
                        t6	17-3	2	12-		R	NYG	Doc Farrell	Jack Knight	0%	100%	Single to RF; Kelly Scores; Lindstrom to 2B
                        t6	18-3	2	12-		R	NYG	Mickey Devine	Jack Knight	0%	100%	Single to RF; Lindstrom Scores; Farrell to 3B
                        t6	19-3	2	1-3		O	NYG	Freddie Fitzsimmons	Jack Knight	0%	100%	Groundout: SS-2B/Forceout at 2B
                        9 runs, 10 hits, 1 error, 2 LOB. Giants 19, Phillies 3.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          yeah, I was annoyed that I had to listen instead of read... especially when I saw it was an hour+ long. Still... it's an hour+ on one half inning of baseball... lots of chat about the Giants players, and the cronyism that went into many of them being elected to the HOF... some pretty funny stuff. Here's the box score from the half inning they are discussing...

Code:
                          Top of the 6th, Giants Batting, Ahead 10-3, Phillies' Ray Pierce facing 5-6-7
                          t6	10-3	0	---			NYG	High Pockets Kelly	Ray Pierce	0%	98%	Single to RF
                          t6	10-3	0	1--			NYG	Freddie Lindstrom	Ray Pierce	0%	99%	Single to RF; Kelly to 2B
                          t6	10-3	0	12-			NYG	Travis Jackson	Ray Pierce	0%	99%	Single (Ground Ball to Weak 1B); Kelly to 3B; Lindstrom to 2B
                          t6	10-3	0	123		RR	NYG	Mickey Devine	Ray Pierce	1%	100%	Double (LF-CF); Kelly Scores; Lindstrom Scores; Jackson to 3B
                          t6	12-3	0	-23		R	NYG	Freddie Fitzsimmons	Ray Pierce	0%	100%	Fielder's Choice P; Jackson Scores; Devine to 3B
                          t6	13-3	0	1-3		R	NYG	Billy Southworth	Ray Pierce	0%	100%	Single to CF; Devine Scores; Fitzsimmons to 2B
                          Jack Knight replaces Ray Pierce pitching and batting 9th
                          t6	14-3	0	12-		R	NYG	Frankie Frisch	Jack Knight	0%	100%	Single to CF; Fitzsimmons Scores; Southworth to 3B/Adv on E1; Frisch to 2B
                          t6	15-3	0	-23		RO	NYG	Irish Meusel	Jack Knight	0%	100%	Fielder's Choice SS; Southworth Scores; Frisch out at 3B/SS-3B-2B-3B-SS
                          t6	16-3	1	1--			NYG	Bill Terry	Jack Knight	0%	100%	Double to LF; Meusel to 3B
                          t6	16-3	1	-23		RO	NYG	High Pockets Kelly	Jack Knight	0%	100%	Fielder's Choice SS; Meusel Scores; Terry out at 3B/SS-3B-2B
                          t6	17-3	2	1--			NYG	Freddie Lindstrom	Jack Knight	0%	100%	Single to RF; Kelly to 2B
                          Doc Farrell pinch hits for Travis Jackson (SS) batting 7th
                          t6	17-3	2	12-		R	NYG	Doc Farrell	Jack Knight	0%	100%	Single to RF; Kelly Scores; Lindstrom to 2B
                          t6	18-3	2	12-		R	NYG	Mickey Devine	Jack Knight	0%	100%	Single to RF; Lindstrom Scores; Farrell to 3B
                          t6	19-3	2	1-3		O	NYG	Freddie Fitzsimmons	Jack Knight	0%	100%	Groundout: SS-2B/Forceout at 2B
                          9 runs, 10 hits, 1 error, 2 LOB. Giants 19, Phillies 3.
                          I do love Freddie Lindstrom, so maybe I will have a listen
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

when was our last VD ? Seems like forever
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by hacko View Post
                              Also need a Long John up - esp on the Dating scene - need to know if it is worth my while to even enter into that realm again
                              Update, Weekend-ish
                              "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                              "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

working with a marketing lead list of a little over 90k names... thought I'd sort them all by last initial just to see how it panned out... Surprised to see W as low as it is...

S 9.66%
                                M 9.37%
                                B 9.18%
                                C 8.05%
                                H 6.95%
                                G 5.36%
                                D 5.17%
                                R 5.02%
                                P 4.96%
                                L 4.85%
                                W 4.74%
                                K 4.39%
                                F 3.76%
                                A 3.63%
                                T 3.17%
                                J 2.52%
                                N 1.97%
                                E 1.93%
                                V 1.56%
                                O 1.56%
                                Z 0.65%
                                Y 0.57%
                                I 0.47%
                                U 0.27%
                                Q 0.21%
                                X 0.04%

Comment

Working...
                                X