• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MookieTyme View Post
    <----New player
    welcome Mook !
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

<----New player
      Here you go ...

An Intro To Vintage Drafting

Comment

<----New player
        Welcome aboard!

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
          I read that and it was very helpful.

But... are we doing decades? Are we doing IP minimums? Are we doing anything with dead ball era?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
            Heh, doesn't bother me at all.

BTW there have been at least discussions of a few different ways that the rules are applied in other threads. Any way we could post a full rules rundown.

i.e. 23 players at the typical spots.
            IP requirements
            Games requirement for eligibility
            Decades requirement (is that implied in addition to last name?)
            Deadball/modern requirements
            etc.

I know that information is probably in another post but I think about this topic now and then and prefer to have one spot (in the VD12 thread) that I can go back to to refresh my memory on all the rules. I don't want to get to my 17th round pick and realize I've been missing an obvious strategy.

Are we doing additive or multiplicative standings?

Also, where can I find the standings from the last draft? Is that posted anywhere? i.e. you had XYZ RBI and XYZ runs
            Hey Ken ... a lot of that stuff is pretty standardized ... check out the rules for a previous Last name draft ... normally in the first or second post of the draft thread.

Looks like it'll be a standard Last Name draft (judging by the poll so far)

Answers:

I imagine it'll be 23 roster spots ... the official SS will confirm that (I actually don't recall off the top of my head).
            IP is the same from draft to draft
            Eligibility rules are always the same, so check out any rules.
            Decade requirement will not be relevant if it's a Last Name thread ... well not until we decide to keep heyelander (and me) happy with a combo draft.
            Deadball/modern requirement are always the same, as per the rules.

It'll almost likely be multiplicative scoring +1 (so the minimum score is 2 rather than 1)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
              I read that and it was very helpful.

But... are we doing decades? Are we doing IP minimums? Are we doing anything with dead ball era?
              If we do a Last name draft, the rules will be similar to this (see post 2)

Where Jamie Quirk has more value than Buster Posey. It's RJ's own take on fantasy baseball -- Vintage Drafting.

But there will be one or two more polls once we decide on the draft incidentals (KO's, Wildcards etc)
              Last edited by johnnya24; 10-12-2018, 10:38 PM.

Comment

• Quitting my job was the best decision ever. Otherwise, working under the time constraints that I was, I'm not sure I would have ever finished candy crush level 647.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                  Hey Ken ... a lot of that stuff is pretty standardized ... check out the rules for a previous Last name draft ... normally in the first or second post of the draft thread.

Looks like it'll be a standard Last Name draft (judging by the poll so far)

Answers:

I imagine it'll be 23 roster spots ... the official SS will confirm that (I actually don't recall off the top of my head).
                  IP is the same from draft to draft
                  Eligibility rules are always the same, so check out any rules.
                  Decade requirement will not be relevant if it's a Last Name thread ... well not until we decide to keep heyelander (and me) happy with a combo draft.
                  Deadball/modern requirement are always the same, as per the rules.

It'll almost likely be multiplicative scoring +1 (so the minimum score is 2 rather than 1)
                  Did we end up with multiplicative using + .75 or something like that ? Or maybe just discussed it, I'll go back and check.

Is one of you computer gurus getting the spreadsheet updated ?
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                    Did we end up with multiplicative using + .75 or something like that ? Or maybe just discussed it, I'll go back and check.

looks like we used multi plus 0.75 for VD 7 and VD8, but multi plus 1 for VD10 and VD12. I think VD11 was straight multiplication.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Revo has updated the 2018 stats. I can get the final SS together when we are sure of the running list.

As for Multi scoring ... +1 makes a difference, but anything else makes little or no difference to +1.

Comment

looks like we used multi plus 0.75 for VD 7 and VD8, but multi plus 1 for VD10 and VD12. I think VD11 was straight multiplication.
                        I'm sure this is something johnny just unilaterally decided to do and didn't tell anyone... did he win either of those? I think they need a *

Comment

<----New player
                          soooo... what are your thoughts on the Amish, and what kind of toothpaste do you use?

Comment

Participants

1) The Feral Slasher
                            2) Revo
                            3) Hacko
                            4) Johnny
                            5) Heyelander
                            6) Kevin Seitzer
                            7) mjl
                            8) Ken
                            9) Frae
                            10) Controller Jacobs
                            11) TS Garp
                            12) El Diablo
                            13) DMT ??
                            14) MookieTyme

------------------------------------------------------
                            Anyone else in ? I'll update as people join in.

Also Use this thread for discussion of what type of draft everyone wants....
                            This is a really strong squad, only missing Nate Berkenstock, TheGirl, and SquidsMom
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

This is a really strong squad, only missing Nate Berkenstock, TheGirl, and SquidsMom
                              I think Nate is here in this group

Comment

Still hoping Nascarfan and Peter Griffin turn up

Comment

Working...
                                X