Page 104 of 106 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106 LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1053

Thread: Supreme Court of the United States

Big Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by DMT View Post
    You're right, my bad. I erroneously posted you when it was baldgriff who had claimed a gotcha when I replied to one of his fishing expeditions.
    No worries

The Chief nicely trying to level-set here against a dangerous President again trying to undermine Americans' faith in our system and institutions.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/21/polit...ump/index.html

Here it comes. A Texas Judge has ruled the Afforadable Care Act unconstitutional. This will surely be pushed all the way up.
    http://www.rollcall.com/news/politic...ealth-care-law

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Quote Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
    Here it comes. A Texas Judge has ruled the Afforadable Care Act unconstitutional. This will surely be pushed all the way up.
    http://www.rollcall.com/news/politic...ealth-care-law

J
    That's some fine leadership for you. Symbolically repeal something 50+ times... finally get the power to do just that, but stop doing it. Instead amend it in an unconstitutional way and come up with no better plan for 2 years. Now we will be left with.. what?
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Quote Originally Posted by heyelander View Post
    That's some fine leadership for you. Symbolically repeal something 50+ times... finally get the power to do just that, but stop doing it. Instead amend it in an unconstitutional way and come up with no better plan for 2 years. Now we will be left with.. what?
    I know. It's so Pelosi.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Oh no:

Washington (CNN)Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg had two malignant nodules removed from her left lung Friday at a New York hospital, the Supreme Court announced.

There is no evidence of any remaining disease, says a court spokesperson, nor is there evidence of disease elsewhere in the body.

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Oh no:

Washington (CNN)Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg had two malignant nodules removed from her left lung Friday at a New York hospital, the Supreme Court announced.

There is no evidence of any remaining disease, says a court spokesperson, nor is there evidence of disease elsewhere in the body.
    I love her and am obviously pulling for her, but I can't help but wish she had retired during the Obama Administration given her age and medical history.

Big Leaguer
    This speaks to the need for a mandatory retirement age or a set term length for SC justices. She is very obviously past her sell by date and should have allowed Obama to pick her replacement. Now she has to soldier on until 2020 and hope Trump (or another GOP candidate) loses. Not a good look.

Suburbs of Minneapolis...close to Hornsby
    Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Oh no:

Hope she recovers, but I sure wish I had her quality health care...
    "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
    - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
    - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Quote Originally Posted by nots View Post
    This speaks to the need for a mandatory retirement age or a set term length for SC justices. She is very obviously past her sell by date and should have allowed Obama to pick her replacement. Now she has to soldier on until 2020 and hope Trump (or another GOP candidate) loses. Not a good look.
    Agreed. Term limits on Congress as well.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige