Supreme Court of the United States

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
    Is this the part where those of us who are not liberals are suppose to spew vile wishes and hateful things about her? Because were this a conservative Judge, we'd likely be hearing such things from some on the left or in Foreign Countries!

Here's what I will say: I truly do wish her a speedy and complete recovery.
    Aww, thanks for the shout out, bud!

I'm a vegan who puts insects in the house outside... not really the bloodthirsty type. But you can bet I'll celebrate when 45 bites the dust (only after his term, of cheeseburger related causes)! Same with Jim Jordan, protector of pedophiles... as long as these fuckers are dying of natural causes, there's no disrespect to acknowledge what awful humans they were.

I celebrated when Roger Ailes died, and I'm still glad he's dead. If any of them were in the hospital, I would not cheer their demise, but would be ambivalent to their recovery. Let fate decide. Or perhaps karma. Is that evil? Not rooting for horrible people to live long healthy lives? I dunno, that's about as far as I go. I'm anti-death penalty also, so I couldn't really root for a healthy person to die, since death row inmates are usually worse than the politicians I'm talking about (usually!).
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

I can't speak for nots (but if you move the s to the front you get snot!) but I'm all about "catch and release".
      Whew!
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Here are just a few of the hot takes from Antonin Scalia Dead thread:

Stake him, cut off his head, and fill his mouth with garlic.....just to make sure
        Not too many people I celebrate their deaths but this POS is definitely one of them. Can the Repubs stonewall Obama from picking another Justice?
        So this removes a big bullet point in the Clinton or GOP anti Sanders narrative. OH and see you, ya steaming sack of crap.
        Scalia, Chenney, and the kid that relentlessly tormented my son in middle school are the only people I've seriously wished death upon
        Sucks for his 9 kids & countless grandkids. Others are better off
        I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• I can honestly state without equivocation that I have actually ever wished death on anyone. I got divorced over 10 years ago - that nearly killed me and I would never even wish going through that on my worst enemy.
          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
          Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
            I'm a vegan who puts insects in the house outside....
            i pickup worms on the walkway at work after it rains or the sprinklers and toss them on the grass. and inchworms too that fall from the trees. although not when people are looking. or all of them because there's a lot. hey, it's good for the grass.

i used to work with a guy that was sort of nerdy, but who lived such a sheltered life that scientists at john hopkins university would be amazed to know existed. so one time walking out with him i did it in mid-conversation and he looked at me and paused. he's thinking did i just see you pickup a worm and throw it on the grass? reminded me of the movie 12 monkeys when Bruce Willis ate the spider in front of Brad Pitt. there's something neat about doing something crazy in front of a crazy person while trying to be sneaky about it, and they notice. heh

Comment

Here are just a few of the hot takes from Antonin Scalia Dead thread:
              1 and 4 are mine, and I'll own them, as I do wish death upon my enemies.
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Here are just a few of the hot takes from Antonin Scalia Dead thread:
                sorry, but why are you posting this here? are you suggesting that because there are people out there in the world that post shit like that, it's okay for you to post crap in here about leftists or people in foreign countries???

I'm asking this as someone who's a leftist in a foreign country.
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                  sorry, but why are you posting this here? are you suggesting that because there are people out there in the world that post shit like that, it's okay for you to post crap in here about leftists or people in foreign countries???

I'm asking this as someone who's a leftist in a foreign country.
                  When you say "people out there", let me be clear, the posts I quoted above are from "people in here or people who were in here" and they are not from the righties. And, I don't think the righties post stuff like that, but I'll admit that maybe I'm just blind to it. Show me where that has been done. And, I'll call that out too. And, what crap is it exactly that I posted? I simply asked a sarcastic question. I wished no one harm and haven't suggested anything negative befall anyone. Post it if you see it.
                  I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    You and nots should spend some time together on the lakes. You'd set records!
                    I don’t know what you are trying to say, but I am not here fishing for anything. I post or respond to what I find interesting and ignore the rest. Sorry if that is upsetting to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                      I don’t know what you are trying to say, but I am not here fishing for anything. I post or respond to what I find interesting and ignore the rest. Sorry if that is upsetting to you.
                      You're right, my bad. I erroneously posted you when it was baldgriff who had claimed a gotcha when I replied to one of his fishing expeditions.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        You're right, my bad. I erroneously posted you when it was baldgriff who had claimed a gotcha when I replied to one of his fishing expeditions.
                        No worries

Comment

• The Chief nicely trying to level-set here against a dangerous President again trying to undermine Americans' faith in our system and institutions.

President Donald Trump fired back Wednesday after Chief Justice John Roberts issued a rare rebuke of the President’s disparaging remarks about federal judges.

Comment

• Here it comes. A Texas Judge has ruled the Afforadable Care Act unconstitutional. This will surely be pushed all the way up.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                              Here it comes. A Texas Judge has ruled the Afforadable Care Act unconstitutional. This will surely be pushed all the way up.

J
                              That's some fine leadership for you. Symbolically repeal something 50+ times... finally get the power to do just that, but stop doing it. Instead amend it in an unconstitutional way and come up with no better plan for 2 years. Now we will be left with.. what?
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                                That's some fine leadership for you. Symbolically repeal something 50+ times... finally get the power to do just that, but stop doing it. Instead amend it in an unconstitutional way and come up with no better plan for 2 years. Now we will be left with.. what?
                                I know. It's so Pelosi.

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                                X