Scientists Claim to Have Found Evidence of ETs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
    Yeah - that schtick is funny. I wonder where I got the idea.
    I'm not using it anymore. You rock on with it.
    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

What Steve 2.0 is too good to use it?? Otterly ridiculous!
      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
      Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

What Steve 2.0 is too good to use it?? Otterly ridiculous!
        No, not too good. Just giving it to you.
        “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

I would love to say ALIENS - but Im going with OWL.... really weird ones at that!
          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

I would love to say ALIENS - but Im going with OWL.... really weird ones at that!
            Briscoe Darling's Hoot Owl Pie 1 Good sized cooked hoot owl, boned and chopped
            1 Stalk celery, diced
            1 Onion, chopped
            1 tb Oil
            10 oz Package frozen broccoli, cooked and drained
            1 c Sour cream
            10 1/2 oz Can cream of hoot owl soup
            Salt and pepper to taste
            Warm tortillas
            1 1/2 c Hoot owl broth
            1 c Grated rat cheese

Mix the chopped owl, celery, onion, oil, cooked broccoli, sour cream, hoot owl soup, salt, and pepper together. Then you let them sit while you and the boys play "Never beat your Mother with a Great Big Stick." Be sure you don't play more than 6 choruses. Roll all of this stuff into the warm tortillas and place them in a baking dish. Then pour the hoot owl broth over them. You cook all of this stuff in a 325F oven for 20 minutes, or 3 choruses of "Dirty Me, Dirty Me, Oh How I Hate Myself." Make sure the onions are done. Then the last 5 minutes of cooking, place the grated rat cheese on top. Dish out the warm tortillas and hot sauce. Now then, if the moon is in the "getgone" and the wind blows in snuffs, there ain't goin' to be no hoot owls. In that case, you get Ernest T. Bass to steal you a good sized chicken and ya put that in instead. If you do that, while the chicken is cookin' you get the boys and play 6 choruses of "Don't Dance on the Table Charlene You Stepped in My Collard Greens." Serves 6.

Submitted by: Denver Pyle - cast member, Mayberry.

Origin: Aunt Bee's Mayberry Cookbook.
            Shared by: Sharon Stevens, Nov/94.

Comment

The linky - seem to go nowhere now.

Comment

Nah -- we arent the first - we are the first that we know of..... someone was there already

Edit to add:

The sun seems pretty big in that sky. Wouldnt it be much smaller in the sky than what we see here normally?
                Last edited by baldgriff; 11-29-2018, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Nah -- we arent the first - we are the first that we know of..... someone was there already

Edit to add:

The sun seems pretty big in that sky. Wouldnt it be much smaller in the sky than what we see here normally?
                  It seems significantly smaller than what we see on Earth. I wouldn't expect it to be much smaller on Mars. Not like it is Neptune or something.

Comment

Because I want this to be true within my lifetime, I post the latest hope it is, though I know it is not.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...xima-centauri/

"It has some particular properties that caused it to pass many of our checks, and we cannot yet explain it,” says Andrew Siemion from the University of California, Berkeley.

Most curiously, it occupies a very narrow band of the radio spectrum: 982 megahertz, specifically, which is a region typically bereft of transmissions from human-made satellites and spacecraft. “We don’t know of any natural way to compress electromagnetic energy into a single bin in frequency” such as this one, Siemion says. Perhaps, he says, some as-yet-unknown exotic quirk of plasma physics could be a natural explanation for the tantalizingly concentrated radio waves. But “for the moment, the only source that we know of is technological.”

Comment

I found one among the cinnamon rolls:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

i would be looking at stars for strange or uncommon or man made elements in their spectrum. like Przybylski's Star- although plutonium 244 can be produced naturally. it's easier perhaps to see stars, so it's the probability you'd pickup an electromagnetic radio signal or locate a star an alien civilization is using as a nuclear waste site, heh. in this instance I am going to have to go with the idea everyone produces a lot of garbage and no place to put it. eventually we are going to find an advanced civilization smart enough to make it but dumb enough to announce their presence by dumping it into the best place for it environmentally.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          I found one among the cinnamon rolls:

I can't get over stuff like pareidolia...I want to be able to will my brain into not seeing faces in things, or falling for optical illusions, but I guess you can't break millennia of evolution. We are wired to see the world as it is evolutionarily beneficial, not as it actually is.

Comment

Working...
                          X