*Official* 2016 Post-Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy cow!
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

God damn did the Cubs save Maddon's ass. This would have been a real painful offseason for him otherwise with his bullpen decisions. I can't believe he used Chapman last night and I extra can't believe he sent Chapman back out for the ninth when the guy was mostly throwing 88 mph sliders to close the 8th.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
        I hope I can find a gif of the closeup on Bryant making the last play. He looked so happy while he was still going for the ball.
        Here it is, starting at 0:58. His weird little laughing throw is great. http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/6310634...ramatic-game-7
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

God damn did the Cubs save Maddon's ass. This would have been a real painful offseason for him otherwise with his bullpen decisions. I can't believe he used Chapman last night and I extra can't believe he sent Chapman back out for the ninth when the guy was mostly throwing 88 mph sliders to close the 8th.
          It's true, I don't think Chicago would've ever forgiven him if they'd lost. The Cubs won that game despite Maddon's completely inexplicable decisions.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Happy for all you legitimate Cub fans who've suffered through the years, the bandwagon jumpers, not so much.

Now, we can get on to hating the Cubs as just another big market team that outspends the rest...
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Here it is, starting at 0:58. His weird little laughing throw is great. http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/6310634...ramatic-game-7
              that's awesome ... that's that feeling of "I hope they hit this one to me ... there it is!"

Congrats cubs fans!!!
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

congrats to Cubs:

I think the better team won.... for this year

Hopefully -we will get Brantly ,Carrasco and Salazar Back and get back in next year.

It was a great game and give our guys credited for Grinding and getting back in the game. Great Hustle by Kipnis to score from second on the Wild Pitch.

I was shock to see Miller have such a poor outing I thought he would be the difference but I guess you have to give the Cubs hitters credit for getting hot from Middle of Game5 On. That was the Big difference. They won it more then we lost it. We needed to score in the ninth when it seem like we had all the Big Mo going our way.
                Last edited by hacko; 11-03-2016, 02:17 PM.

Comment

great series, great finale. good job, cubs - not even joe maddon's moronic bullpen management could hold you back!
                  ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

Working...
                  X