random stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Doesn't feel very random. It's an integer and a small one at that.

12,431,577.1836578263849121237290403136728639201i

Better.
    Wait. 12 is the integer. Are you saying that is not very random so you posted a much more random number?

I will choose 37.

Comment

• Mary Poppins re-cut as a horror movie.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• that is some brilliant editing
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Now, if you want true conspiracy theory, read this on chess grandmaster Magnus Carlsen's latest loss:

I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• More awesome random stuff; hope it didn't impact any driving Steve had to do:

If your commute along I-40 was a bit slippery yesterday, this explains why! Yesterday morning, a roll-over crash involving a semi-tractor trailer and a box truck occurred on I-40 near Mustang on the western fringes of the Oklahoma City metro. The accident prompted the rubberneckers at KWTV News 9 to apparently scramble Patricia's Sky News 9 for a live shot, and boy did chopper pilot Jim Gardner deliver. After he gave a brief and vague update of the scene, intrigued morning anchor Lacey Lowery asked what cargo the truck was carrying and, specifically "what's all over the road?" After an awkward pause, a somewhat bashful Jim Gardner stuttered his way around the question and the cameraman zoomed in. The result was this hysterical video and on-air banter...

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              More awesome random stuff; hope it didn't impact any driving Steve had to do:

https://www.thelostogle.com/2022/09/...all-over-i-40/
              I can't believe I did not see this when it happened!
              “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                I can't believe I did not see this when it happened!
                Highly light-sensitive rods (in blue) dominate the retina relative to cones (in green). In ideal conditions in air, sea otters can see about as clearly as seals, sea lions, and walruses [12-22], which is about 7x less clear than humans with 20/20 vision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  humans with 20/20 vision.
                  Is that 20 year old vision with 20 years to go?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    Is that 20 year old vision with 20 years to go?
                    nicely played.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      Highly light-sensitive rods (in blue) dominate the retina relative to cones (in green). In ideal conditions in air, sea otters can see about as clearly as seals, sea lions, and walruses [12-22], which is about 7x less clear than humans with 20/20 vision.
                      Heh....Gregg said "rods"
                      “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                        Heh....Gregg said "rods"
                        Highly sensitive rods
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• And if you're on LinkedIn, you are the lab rat:

LinkedIn ran secret social experiments on around 20 million of the site's users in a sweeping five-year study on the strength of social ties in professional networking.

Comment

• I've seen a lot of cliff-diving videos but this one has to be one of the most impressive:

As amazing as this is for the first guy, it has to be that much more so for the 2nd guy w the camera who films the whole thing perfectly on his way down.

Comment

• [QUOTE=rhd;430386]I've seen a lot of cliff-diving videos but this one has to be one of the most impressive:

How long have you known Cliff?

Comment

• [QUOTE=Gregg;430388]
                                Originally posted by rhd View Post
                                I've seen a lot of cliff-diving videos but this one has to be one of the most impressive:

How long have you known Cliff?
                                there are really good videos out there, but there is a real drop off to the some of the second rate stuff online
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X