No announcement yet.

random stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm watching escape from NY on the spanish channel but i don't speak spanish. and i realized that i know the entire script by heart.

Comment

• have you guys seen those Frank Thomas nugenics commercials? is it me or is Frank Thomas implying he's sleeping with everyone's wives? i mean the chick is like hey Frank your looking buff! and then he's like, trust me she'll like it too. like he knows from personal experience.

Comment

• is it just me or is anyone else surprised that Chuck Norris and Christie Brinkley actually got along long enough to make total fitness commercials?

Comment

• all kidding aside, lets make a list of things blowing up in our faces in the world.

1) weather, yeah global warming.
          2) viruses, next pandemic is here or close
          3) economic inequality or debt
          4) constant wars
          5) bad heath, cancer, environment, drugs

and when people act like the next leader they get the choice to elect is going to solve the hole we dug ourselves in. you're enthusiasm is part of the problem. by letting our leaders off too easily. you don't hold anyone accountable, you just say ok next!. we're just simple creatures. and ultimately we deserve our fate.

Comment

• You think people will ever be able to live forever? When will that happen? The clock is ticking on me. I think it may be possible that by the time I croak, average life expectancy is close to 100 in developed nations with good health care. Maybe.

Nullnor, this random post if for you--I feel your frustration at everyone just posting politics stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              You think people will ever be able to live forever? When will that happen? The clock is ticking on me. I think it may be possible that by the time I croak, average life expectancy is close to 100 in developed nations with good health care. Maybe.
              But far too often a longer life comes with a diminished quality of life. I treasure the conversations that i had with my late grandmother while she was in her mid-nineties and still as mentally sharp as ever. But at the same time i was saddened when she complained about her loss of physical mobility and the loneliness of having outlived her spouse, siblings, and friends.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                have you guys seen those Frank Thomas nugenics commercials? is it me or is Frank Thomas implying he's sleeping with everyone's wives? i mean the chick is like hey Frank your looking buff! and then he's like, trust me she'll like it too. like he knows from personal experience.
                Wait... Fresno Bob is Frank Thomas?!? I thought Fresno Bob was Newman... I'm so confused
                I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  You think people will ever be able to live forever? When will that happen? The clock is ticking on me. I think it may be possible that by the time I croak, average life expectancy is close to 100 in developed nations with good health care. Maybe.

Nullnor, this random post if for you--I feel your frustration at everyone just posting politics stuff.
                  that's not really the point. if you want to think about immortality. it gets closer every day. even now science has moved on to telomere gene editing trials in south america. though i am sure some of those dudes will get cancer and die at first. gene editing has come a long way. you have to do it in a country like there though.

but it's not like i want to live forever. i think the hardest thing is adapting to the changes. what will the world look like to you when you are 100? it changes so fast. there's no way you can even adapt mentally to it. you'll be saying. by then you'll understand everything.

and what is everything? ..i love science. when i can block out all other stuff and focus on that. that's when i am happiest. ..everything is the overall, not the individual, survival of the human race. it's a balancing act. you can never come close to saving it until you come close to losing it. ..there are only a few things that can wipe all of us out. i take comfort in the fact that as a species we are like rats. we're diversified. the intelligent civilization here on earth can never be wiped out.

but if you do want to live longer, the scientific term is senescence. there are brilliant people working on that right now. in 10 or 20 years people will be immortal. Fresno used to say that shit all the time. he knew his stuff.

science isn't really the obstacle.

Comment

• i could never let my cat go. even at the end when the veterinarian explained to me that if she could talk she was in so much pain at that moment that she would beg someone to shoot her. i spent 5k to keep her alive for 2 weeks in intensive care while i tried to figure out how i could deal with it. how i could talk to something i cared about and try to explain it.

someday in the future we won't have to do that anymore, unless we ruin it for the world by accident instead.

Comment

• when i go out shopping these days i feel like Linda Hamilton in Terminator. you know that scene where she freaks out and kids are playing and a nuclear bomb goes off. i just need someone to tell me it's going to be ok. because i really don't think it will be. so far we've really fucked ourselves.

i am not insane. i am not a doomsday prepper yet. i don't have a disaster bag or it can also be called a gucci bag.

did you know, people made fun of me in the 80's as a kid and i ordered leather pants from a leather shop because i was into the hair band scene. sure all the blue collar landscaper's i worked with made fun of me enough that i never bought them. and rightfully so. it's not like i was mad max or rode a motorcycle.

but if you only had one pair of pants for the rest of your life, you would want leather. buffalo leather. those pants would last you forever... otherwise you'd have to learn how to sew your own clothes. that's the biggest thing people forget about surviving an apocalypse, you got to make your own clothes. i learned that from the RV guy.

Comment

• i picked up this girl once at a hair band bar in the 80's. that was a fucked up night. first time i ever say the Iron Maiden wasted years video with all the different Eddies.

there i was at the bar with this big screen behind it, and say Eddy flashing before my eye's. it was surreal.

but i noticed when i was picking her up i could smell mad B.O. ..i was young and thought it came elsewhere, gave her my number and told her to call me. she was pretty. later i learned she took a bus from Chelsea MA and met me at a local restaurant and right then i smelt the same B.O.

i took her home to the house all of us landscapers where living in and they begged me to get rid of her and drive her back. i tired to overlook the smell and still volunteered to fuck her but she refused.

i ended up enlisting my best friend to help me drive her back home. and we did with the windows open the whole way. and dropped her off where she said in the middle of nowhere in Chelsea MA. i suppose i could've just told her to take a shower, but i was a stupid fucking 17 year old. wtf did i know.

Comment

• you know you guys should be thankful i wasn't around the last 5 months as much. i went from being a general alcoholic to a raging one, i don't mean attitude but to drinking heavily everyday. that's what you do a campgrounds in an RV when you are seasonal. while everyone around you is overdosing on heroin or coke and even crack.

try understanding what you're neighbor is saying to you after he's done $80 of crack and you're RV guy roommate misunderstands him on the first weekend and brings out his pitbull boxer to threaten him.

that's where alcohol makes you everyone friend. being a drunk and just sitting back is very non threatening. everyone loves you because they have much worse problems.

i am sobering up now after graduating. it's weird though. i learned a lot of bad habits. most of all i learned i don't need the man telling me how to survive. and honestly that's the last think i needed.

do you know how to survive in alaska with bears? what you do is make friends with all the bears living in your area. because you see, they will defend you against transient bears wandering through. they'll tell that bear, that's not A MAN, that's a small hairless bear. so don't fuck with him because he's our friend.

it's when they aren't around that that bear eats you.

did i ever tell you the greatest compliment the RV guy ever gave me before i shunned him was that his pitbull boxer thought i was a dog.

that fucking asshole Cesar Chavez doesn't know shit. he's a man telling dogs he's a man but a dog might still have to listen to him because he knows a few dogs rules. in contrast to him i am a dog teaching another dog how to join our world. i'm an animal tutor, rehabilitate. and i worked on one dog for free all summer.

it's funny, after putting the RV guy up for free this summer, and brought him to school, i ended up hating him. fucking dude bitched at me way too much. at the end i even had his own dog barking at him. but he kept him. that was my goal from the start.

not to help myself or him, but a dog. i taught that dog about life everyday. i had full access to that alpha beast. it's still a guard dog, but i taught it how to be a pet.

last i saw he was saying the pitbull boxer was his 3 year old sons dog. it would follow his son around thinking how i taught it to. to be a pet. to be a dog. to save the human race.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post

do you know how to survive in alaska with bears? what you do is make friends with all the bears living in your area. because you see, they will defend you against transient bears wandering through. they'll tell that bear, that's not A MAN, that's a small hairless bear. so don't fuck with him because he's our friend.

it's when they aren't around that that bear eats you.e.
                            I do know how to survive with bears. Stay away from them. If I have to be around them I want a .500 S&W Handgun with me. It is a 50 cal. Big game hunting gun. Good for protection from bears.

Bears are not our friends and they will kill you and eat you. They will never protect you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              Bears are not our friends and they will kill you and eat you.
                              I don't like Mitch Trubisky either but that's taking it a little far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                I don't like Mitch Trubisky either but that's taking it a little far.
                                He didn't have enough time in the pocket. As I mentioned in my post above; Bears will never protect you.

Comment

Working...
                                X