random stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    92 bags of M&M's right ? That's about what I can put down. 92 M&Ms seems like child's play
    In one minute?!?!?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      In one minute?!?!?!
      ok, I exaggerated...but 92 M&Ms does not seem that much. The hot dog record is 73 in 10 minutes, so 7.3 hot dogs (and buns) per minute. I think 92 M&Ms is much, much easier than 7.3 hot dogs.
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

ok, I exaggerated...but 92 M&Ms does not seem that much. The hot dog record is 73 in 10 minutes, so 7.3 hot dogs (and buns) per minute. I think 92 M&Ms is much, much easier than 7.3 hot dogs.
        so in my exhaustive research 1 serving of m and m's is 1 ounce (32 pieces). So if you can eat 3 ounces that would be 96 pieces. So that is probably two small bags of M and M's. Doesn't seem that hard. Maybe I need to make a film this weekend.
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
          If you get bored this weekend, or you just want to get the kids out of your hair for awhile, you can always make a run at the Guinness World Record for stacking M&M's. The record is five M&M's. Six seems like a reachable goal. But, i hear it's a lot tougher than it looks.
          Seems like there might be a temperature threshold for that one? Pretty sure I could "stack" well more than six M&M's outside on a summer day in Houston.
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
            The record for most M&M's eaten is 92 M&M's in one minute. Good luck!
            I could stack 92 M&M's easy.
            “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              Seems like there might be a temperature threshold for that one? Pretty sure I could "stack" well more than six M&M's outside on a summer day in Houston.
              "weld" is not the same as "stack"
              “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Yea, I suspect less people are trying hard at breaking that record or it would be a lot higher. Still, all those hard candy shells are probably tough to get through when you have a mouthful.

Comment

• I bet I could house over 100 Reeces Pieces in 1 minute. Is there a record for that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                    "weld" is not the same as "stack"
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• one year on the fall equinox my GF told me as summer changed to fall the earth had a perfect gravitational balance with the sun and you can balance eggs on the pointy end. and you only had 5 minutes after the exact time. so we did it and balanced a few eggs. after about 10 hours they fall over. presumably from gravity moving.

I've done it a few other times during the fall equinox. always fall over on their own after like 10 hours. and then I read that every expert in the world says that is a wives tale and you can balance eggs anytime. and I am dubious of that claim.

if you are ever going to try to balance something wait for the fall equinox. and you have 5 minutes. so I just told you how to cheat when stacking M&M's.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                        one year on the fall equinox my GF told me as summer changed to fall the earth had a perfect gravitational balance with the sun and you can balance eggs on the pointy end. and you only had 5 minutes after the exact time. so we did it and balanced a few eggs. after about 10 hours they fall over. presumably from gravity moving.

I've done it a few other times during the fall equinox. always fall over on their own after like 10 hours. and then I read that every expert in the world says that is a wives tale and you can balance eggs anytime. and I am dubious of that claim.

if you are ever going to try to balance something wait for the fall equinox. and you have 5 minutes. so I just told you how to cheat when stacking M&M's.
                        I have heard of this before. I did not do it, but have seen it done years ago.

Comment

• Nice job on this fun piece:

Comment

• anyone else ever find themselves reviewing /editing something for work, coming across the word "excellent" and instinctively correcting it to "exceelent" ?
                            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                              anyone else ever find themselves reviewing /editing something for work, coming across the word "excellent" and instinctively correcting it to "exceelent" ?
                              Yees. Very often.

Comment

• Was listening to 70s on 7 in the car when "You're So Vain" comes on. Like many of us, I've heard this song a million times. But yesterday was the first time I heard the background vocals and thought, 'hey, that sounds like Mick Jagger!'

Looked it up later on Wikipedia and yup, it's Mick Jagger doing uncredited backing vocals. And now, it seems so obvious, as his voice is soooo recognizable.

Little shit like that makes my day!

Comment

Working...
                                X