80's arcade video games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
    Great find, RR! No Dig Dug or Galaga bummer...
    I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
    You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
    "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
    It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Here you go people

https://archive.org/details/internetarcade

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        My favorite early 1980s games were Defender, Joust, Spy Hunter and Elevator Action. My favorite late 1980s games were Smash TV & Heavy Barrel.

I used to play Smash TV with a college buddy at the arcade in our student union building; when the game came out for the XBox 20 years later, we finally completed it!
        I just bought an Arcade1Up 12-in-1 console which includes Joust, Defender & Gauntlet, among others. Amazing, takes you right back to 1982.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          I just bought an Arcade1Up 12-in-1 console which includes Joust, Defender & Gauntlet, among others. Amazing, takes you right back to 1982.
          I didn't have enough money to play too much, but I loved Joust and Stargate. In college I played Cabal. Dig Dug and Frogger occasionally. In the 70's i played pong at Sears on the demo when I had a chance. It was amazing.
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          ---------------------------------------------
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            I didn't have enough money to play too much, but I loved Joust and Stargate. In college I played Cabal. Dig Dug and Frogger occasionally. In the 70's i played pong at Sears on the demo when I had a chance. It was amazing.
            I can still remember when my dad bought Pong, maybe 1978? I remember some guy over the house playing and saying “how amazing is this?” LOL.

BTW, Arcade1Up also offers a Pong game.

And I also bought mini versions of Spy Hunter and Elevator Action, fun, but not nearly as much as the Arcade1Up game. If only Arcade1Up made those.

I was thiscloseto buying another Arcade1Up console tonight, a 12-in-1 Namco version with Pac Man, Galaga and Galaxian among others. On sale at QVC for $299.

Comment

Working...
            X