X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RJ Hoops 2016-17 - discussion thread

Who is in this year for RJ Hoops?

I will be in. (and I plan to win)

For the record I would like to see some real discussion on the stat categories and the keepers (mostly increasing to 3, possibly 4).

Anyone new want to join? Or anyone care to come back?

The league prefers owners who don't just draft and drop off. Play it out. Pay if you want to, or not. Just don't quit. Quitters suck. Especially in a keeper format.

So that's my rah rah speech. Little children (mine) have sapped me of sarcasm, self deprication and even passive aggression. But I will still out draft you.

Join up. It will be fun.

I tried to keep enjoying it, but last year and the weekly lineups just sucked it out of me. I just so very much hate the NBA.
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Count me out also. I suck at keeper basketball.
      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
        I tried to keep enjoying it, but last year and the weekly lineups just sucked it out of me. I just so very much hate the NBA.
        How about daily lineups?

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
          Count me out also. I suck at keeper basketball.
          I don't like to hear this. Long timer out sucks.

Comment

I would be interested in a redraft league. The keeper aspect of this league was abused, which is why I left. If you could prevent the dump trades I might be interested. Otherwise not.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I'd say fold it up...I don't have the energy to wrangle new members anymore. The only way I'd stay is if someone else runs it, and we stay with keepers...
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                I'd say fold it up...I don't have the energy to wrangle new members anymore. The only way I'd stay is if someone else runs it, and we stay with keepers...
                Sadly I would have to agree on this. I don't want to run it either and without keepers I don't think i'd continue either.

Comment

Changed my mind. I really enjoy this league and it is been around for so long I can't see it just die.

I will commish this league if people want to participate.

Does anyone have an email list of folks who were in last year, and possibly those who participated in the past?

Please sign up if you are interested!

Thanks,
                  Simon

Comment

I'll play any format - keepers/no keepers, or money/no money.

Comment

I guess the RJ league is officially dead. Does anyone have openings in an existing league that they need to fill?

Comment

Any interest in trying to resurrect this league for the 2017-18 season?

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
                          I think that I'll pass, ti was fun, until it wasn't anymore. The keeper nonsense and the vetoes ruined it for me...I'll never forget how stupid the whole Giannis scenario was.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                            I think that I'll pass, ti was fun, until it wasn't anymore. The keeper nonsense and the vetoes ruined it for me...I'll never forget how stupid the whole Giannis scenario was.
                            That guy is a freak and won't amount to diddly. You read it here first (in 2014/15).

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
                              I think I am going to play in a $150 NFBKC league. Maybe you should - no trades or vetoes to worry about there.

Comment

Working...
                              X