0%
    Yes, after a few tries.
    0%
    No, close but no cigar.
    0%
    No, not even close.
    0%

come on, seriously?
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Yeah, this one isn't even a question. A better question is if he had come over at 20-21, would he have the all time hits record?

Comment

He's not a first ballot HOF if it wasn't for his years in Japan. Voters will add that in and BOOM, 1st ballot.
        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
          He's not a first ballot HOF if it wasn't for his years in Japan. Voters will add that in and BOOM, 1st ballot.
          Considering he was the AL MVP in his first MLB season, that actually seems quite fair.
          In each of his first ten mlb seasons, he had 200+h, 25+sb, and a gold glove.

Perhaps his weirdest stat: among active players, he is fourth in intentional walks (behind Pujols, Miggy and David Ortiz).
          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Since there has been only 30 players in the history of MLB who has achieved 3,000 hits it doesn't matter if he came from Japan or not. This is a slam dunk HOF.

Comment

Dude was truly special. One of my favorites. As I've often said, I wish he were in the states from day one...I think he would have passed Rose and that way folks years from now would appreciate how great he was.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                Dude was truly special. One of my favorites. As I've often said, I wish he were in the states from day one...I think he would have passed Rose and that way folks years from now would appreciate how great he was.
                I don't think that record would matter as much. He was special and everyone knew it. I think he'll age very well, and people will continue to appreciate him for the talent he was.

Comment

Both Ichiro and Rose were great players. The biggest difference between the two is that Ichiro is humble and has such great respect for the game while Rose is cocky and seems to have a sense of entitlement. That said, i was always a big fan of both players. But, i have a lot more respect for Ichiro and the way he has always carried himself.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

agreed on that, but neither are in the conversation for top 10 players ever.

Rose played often indifferent defense across the diamond forever, with a 118 career OPS+.

Ichiro was an excellent-fielding corner OF and a great base runner - though he didn't always score a runner on 2nd base even with a single, and had a career 107 OPS+ and his walk rate was weak.

both careers are so remarkable that is almost impossible for either to be overrated by the general public. and their dual durability should not be ignored, either.

but....
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                    X