Nimmo-Bruce trade lineup impacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nimmo-Bruce trade lineup impacts

Assuming the Bruce-Nimmo trade goes through, Nimmo gets regular at bats for the Reds, I'll guess? Or does he have not enough MLB service time, that they'd be better off sending him to AAA for the rest of the year?

Conforto the big loser for playing time with the Mets? Or does Granderson lose pt?

Granderson and Conforto will both lose playing time.

Comment

What does this move to do Dilson Herrera's value this year and next?

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        What does this move to do Dilson Herrera's value this year and next?
        Cincy needs to deal Cozart. Is Phillips a free agent?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          Cincy needs to deal Cozart. Is Phillips a free agent?
          Cozart will probably be dealt this winter, but he wasn't at the deadline. Phillips is owed 14 million next year, his final year. Not sure where that leaves Dilson. I think he'd be a decent 2bman if given the chance at some point. Not a lot of power or speed, but some, and a solid hitter with adequate defense for 2b.

Comment

Wow, the Reds only got Herrera and Max Wottell for Bruce. They didn't get Nimmo. Not much of a haul given how well Bruce is hitting this year. I guess Bruce is worth a small fraction of what Chapman is worth to a team?

Comment

Is there any reason to think that Herrera would be ahead of Peraza for the 2B job?
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                Is there any reason to think that Herrera would be ahead of Peraza for the 2B job?
                Maybe not on merit, but why trade Bruce, basically straight up for him if not? Wottell is not a significant part of that deal, so they must like Dilson, who they decided to take over Nimmo.

Comment

I am beginning to wonder if Suarez is in the Reds future plans. converted to 3B this season, Suarez has 16 errors and at the plate, while he has shown pop, he really isnt a good hitter. Not sure how this plays out as the Reds need to figure out if Dilson, Schebler, Peraza, Winker and ervin fit on the 2017 roster.
                  After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Working...
                  X