On to the Debates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    Because if you allow one, you have to allow all. You need to have some sort of arbitrary cutoff point for participation in the debates, or it just becomes unmanageable.
    That's nonsense! Look how well the Republican debates wor....oh...yeah you might be right.

But I think allowing a few extra candidates their time on the stage is only fair. Doesn't this country have some kind of rules in place about equal time....
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• GwynnintheHall, I have a trade proposal for you, assuming you still live in Nevada as your profile says. Nevada might be a state that matters.

I'm a Clinton voter; I live in Illinois. Let's find another Clinton volunteer in a state that is either deep blue or deep red (any volunteers?). Both that volunteer and I agree to write-in Sanders, while you vote Clinton. Sanders gets a higher overall number of votes than he would without the trade, thus increasing the protest share, while Clinton gets one more vote that might matter in keeping Trump out of office.

Comment

• Originally posted by james33 View Post
        GwynnintheHall, I have a trade proposal for you, assuming you still live in Nevada as your profile says. Nevada might be a state that matters.

I'm a Clinton voter; I live in Illinois. Let's find another Clinton volunteer in a state that is either deep blue or deep red (any volunteers?). Both that volunteer and I agree to write-in Sanders, while you vote Clinton. Sanders gets a higher overall number of votes than he would without the trade, thus increasing the protest share, while Clinton gets one more vote that might matter in keeping Trump out of office.
        Pretty sure this is illegal, notwithstanding the story line in The West Wing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky View Post
          Wouldn't that be completely impossible to enforce?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lurker765 View Post
            Wouldn't that be completely impossible to enforce?
            Well, when the government is spying on Rotojunkie, james33 is probably being questioned right now for his activities.
            "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
            - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
            - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky View Post
              It was found to be legal. http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2...l-court-finds/

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                Well, when the government is spying on Rotojunkie, james33 is probably being questioned right now for his activities.
                I'm quite sure we're all being monitored. And now that I'm quoting you in a thread, your threat level just went up a bit. Apologies.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                  As long as we can get on Hillary's server we can delete the whole thread and the FBI will never find it.

Comment

• Originally posted by dslaw View Post
                    As long as we can get on Hillary's server we can delete the whole thread and the FBI will never find it.

Nahhh - the government doesnt worry about what is on or is missing from her servers.
                    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

I'm quite sure we're all being monitored. And now that I'm quoting you in a thread, your threat level just went up a bit. Apologies.
                      Son of a bitch!

See you in the gulag.

Trust me, my motto will be, "I know nothing, nothing!"
                      "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                      - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                      - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Okay, here's the deal (and I know this is one of the reasons people hate lawyers). The case didn't find that it was "legal". It found that vote pairing was constitutionally protected. That doesn't mean the States cannot regulate it. Just like free speech - it's free, but the government can regulate time, place and manner. Here, the state was the state was trying to regulate vote swapping on the grounds that it could be done fraudulently, etc. The Court in Porter v. Bowen just found that California goofed up in the way it went about attempting to regulate the vote swapping services there. It was overly broad, inefficient, etc.

There was some vote swapping in 2004, but apparently not much since. This may be one reason there hasn't been a vote swapping case to reach the higher courts since this one, which bounced around for years before being decided by the Ninth in 2007.

Comment

• Johnson is making up some ground in the polls. Its gonna be interesting.

http://www.redstate.com/brandon_mors...says-cnn-poll/
                          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                          Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Working...
                          X