2k17: RJ Play for Play Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Well, my hope is that we can add draft picks directly to trades, so we don't have to. We'll see if we can once the draft ends.
    That would be great...anything to make this all a little easier for you to manage, and the rest of us to follow.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• I know On Roto tracks traded picks but I've never even looked at their football layout
      I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
      You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
      "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
      It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• Time for a RB flyer... I didn't think Samaje "Valerie" Perine would be there in 20 picks for my next one
        I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
        You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
        "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
        It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
          Time for a RB flyer... I didn't think Samaje "Valerie" Perine would be there in 20 picks for my next one
          Nice reference! Although I think that it may date you a bit...Montana Wildhack!

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
            Time for a RB flyer... I didn't think Samaje "Valerie" Perine would be there in 20 picks for my next one
            Nope as I would have taken him over Prosise.......UGH

Comment

• I find it interesting that Eddie Lacy is the THIRD Seahawk RB drafted.....

Comment

• I like Ginn as a late-round flyer. Don't think it's out of the question that he approaches what Cooks has done the last couple of years. I don't think the Saints view him as a downgrade from Cooks.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                  I like Ginn as a late-round flyer. Don't think it's out of the question that he approaches what Cooks has done the last couple of years. I don't think the Saints view him as a downgrade from Cooks.
                  Wow...I haven't seen ANYONE who's predicting anything like that. I can see double digit TD's in a perfect season, but Ginn has NEVER had an 800 yard season, and last years 54 catches was his career high.

I think that he remains what he's been all his career, someone who can take the top off a defense, and drop catchable balls.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                    Wow...I haven't seen ANYONE who's predicting anything like that. I can see double digit TD's in a perfect season, but Ginn has NEVER had an 800 yard season, and last years 54 catches was his career high.

I think that he remains what he's been all his career, someone who can take the top off a defense, and drop catchable balls.
                    We'll see. Brees is one of the most accurate deep passers in the league, the Saints will throw 100-120 more times than the Panthers and playing on turf can only help. I think there's a lot more upside than people think (maybe 70/1000/8), especially in best ball leagues.

Comment

We'll see. Brees is one of the most accurate deep passers in the league, the Saints will throw 100-120 more times than the Panthers and playing on turf can only help. I think there's a lot more upside than people think (maybe 70/1000/8), especially in best ball leagues.
                      Brees and Payton can also jump off a player quicker than anyone else, IMO. If Ginn does what he's done all his career, which is drop catchable balls, they can relegate him to the doghouse in a hurry. I do think that Ginn has the potential to be a nice add, but I'd be very surprised to see him do anything like you suggest.

That said, can we get the draft picks on the front page of draft thread filled in as a backup? It's been a while since that's been done...thanks.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Edelman just got taken off the field in the cart. Season is already off to a great start!!

Comment

My buddy who is following along with this draft implored me to take Ginn a couple of rounds ago. I gave him the same argument as Hornsby is now -- he's never done it before and I don't expect him to at age 33. I expect Snead to get a boost in the Saints O, plus they also added AP and Kamara. If Ginn does what he always does (50-700-6), the other 400+ yards that went to Cooks will get evenly divided among the other three + Thomas. Brees or no Brees, I don't see much of a major gain for Ginn.

Comment

I find it interesting that Eddie Lacy is the THIRD Seahawk RB drafted.....
                            Lacy is looking good tonight..

Comment

• Looks like Ware is down with a knee...Hunt goes WAY up if it's serious.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

My buddy who is following along with this draft implored me to take Ginn a couple of rounds ago. I gave him the same argument as Hornsby is now -- he's never done it before and I don't expect him to at age 33. I expect Snead to get a boost in the Saints O, plus they also added AP and Kamara. If Ginn does what he always does (50-700-6), the other 400+ yards that went to Cooks will get evenly divided among the other three + Thomas. Brees or no Brees, I don't see much of a major gain for Ginn.
                                I hear your argument and it's logical but Ginn hasn't been in this good of a situation -- it's literally tailor-made for his skill-set, down to playing on turf, and the Saints have such a long commitment to throwing deep, going back to Meachem, Devery Henderson, Lane Moore, etc. I guess the point is that he provides a ton of potential upside where he's being taken. Who knows if he'll realize it but I always think WR's are more likely to emerge on a team with a great QB, aggressive passing game, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X