2K16 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    No way Myles Jack makes it to day 3. Rumor up here is the Packers came this // close to taking him. Given the Packers traditional aversion to risk but Thompson's desire to take the best player available, that must have been one heck of a six-minute argument. If he's still available at a position they can package their second and one of their 4ths to move up and get him, he's gone. I agree with Traut, though, that they don't even get the chance.
    In reconsidering the Browns may very well go QB to stay ahead of Dallas. But can you realistically imagine Jax passing on a player they were enamored with? They did the smart thing drafting Ramsey in round 1 as it was a much safer pick at a need position but now that they have that under their belts they can more easily swallow the Jack risk... And let me repeat word was they LOVED him.

Comment

Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
      In reconsidering the Browns may very well go QB to stay ahead of Dallas. But can you realistically imagine Jax passing on a player they were enamored with? They did the smart thing drafting Ramsey in round 1 as it was a much safer pick at a need position but now that they have that under their belts they can more easily swallow the Jack risk... And let me repeat word was they LOVED him.
      Because I don't follow college hardly at all....who would the Browns take at QB?

Connor Cook?

I also heard rumors about them taking Derrick Henry at 34.

Why did the Heisman Trophy winner fall so far versus Elliott?

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
        Because I don't follow college hardly at all....who would the Browns take at QB?

Connor Cook?

I also heard rumors about them taking Derrick Henry at 34.

Why did the Heisman Trophy winner fall so far versus Elliott?
        I am not a Cook fan Gris. If I were a Browns fan I think I would prefer taking Hackenburg or even Prescott.

Elliott is a complete back, where Henry is a bruiser with less speed and not as good a receiver. Word is Elliott is also an execellent blocking back.
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Henry is a downhill runner only. He will be good in that type of system only.
          Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            I am not a Cook fan Gris. If I were a Browns fan I think I would prefer taking Hackenburg or even Prescott.

Elliott is a complete back, where Henry is a bruiser with less speed and not as good a receiver. Word is Elliott is also an execellent blocking back.
            I agree with all of this. Cook strikes me as a career backup thrust into a started's role (think Case Keenum). I don't love any of the guys left on the board at QB but I agree I'd likely take a shot on hackenberg.

And yeah Henry won the heisman but it was largely on volume. He had multiple games with 40+ carries. He's a bruiser and I think he will be a good part of a committee in the NFL but as Hammer said, Zeke is complete. He is fast, elusive and excellent receiver and a more than capable blocker. Henry was excellent at Bama but his game isn't made for the modern NFL as a top back.

As an aside sounds like the Browns are gonna hose someone again to trade down. Love their approach this year.

Comment

And Dallas rolls the big dice on Jaylon Smith with that third pick in the second round. Wonder if Jax will now grab Jack.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Called it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  Really surprised that Jaylon Smith went this high. I mean, doesn't he have numbness in his legs? That'd scare the crap out of me. Dallas is having a really bad draft, imo.
                  Nerve damage is risky, for sure. But dang, he was reaaaaallllly good before the injury.

Comment

And predictably all of the pundits, none of whom have seen even a glimpse of anyone's medicals, are gushing about the pick. Are there any good football analysts out there? They all seem like a bunch of chumps to me.
                    What are you watching?

Comment

Oh, most definitely. Same with Jack. However, his risk level is through the roof. Seems like Dallas could use more of a sure thing. He's not even going to play this year, is he?
                      Nope, he's a redshirt for sure.

Comment

Don't pick a running back, Dolphins! Don't do it! Take Mackenzie Alexander!
                        Your wish is their command, at least as to not taking a RB.

Comment

I don't have ESPN or the NFL network at home so I'm just following along online.
                          ESPN has actually been doing pretty good about having one guy review the negatives of just about every pick.

Comment

Reggie Ragland would be a nice match for the Raiders. They also need some help on the D-Line, although they'd be better off with a DE than a DT, imo.
                            He had a late medical come up with an enlarged aorta. Rumor is he's moved down a lot on many boards.

Comment

Noah Spence, the definition of off-field risk, just taken by Tampa Bay. If he has straightened out, Tampa has really upgraded their defense with the last two picks.

Comment

Oh, that's right. I forgot about that. The Raiders are probably gunshy regarding guys with heart issues after D.J. Hayden's total flop.
                                The Bills took him before you could anyway....

Comment

Working...
                                X