Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeper decisions

Hey guys,

I inherited a keeper team recently and have to decide which 8 to keep with a 250$ budget. 6x6 OPS and QS added, SV+HLDS. The lineup is like normal baseball plus DH and UTL (no MI/CI, 3OF) and the values were generated by rotowires league customized dollar formula (apparently, I personally think its stupid and was devised as a way to tip the scales in the commissioners favor, buts that neither here nor there.)

Keepers Im thinking right now:
    Posey 19$
    Abreu 28$
    Rendon2B/3B 4$
    Trout 60$ OUTRAGEOUS IMO (Harpers 55$, Stantons only 38$)
    Sale 27$
    Archer 22$
    Kluber 21$

Potentials:
    Cespedes 24$
    Odor 9$
    Maeda 10$
    Britton 0$
    J.Turner 0$
    B.Crawford 1$
    Moose 5$

Am I crazy to wanted to dump Trout? Who would you guys keep? Thanks for the help
    Last edited by ; 03-19-2016, 02:17 PM.

Originally posted by eldiablo505
    Wow, very weird setup for that league. I don't understand what you mean by "normal baseball". You mean you only start 8 hitters? Which Crawford - Carl? How many pitchers? How many teams?
    10 team. by normal baseball, i mean no middle infielder, no corner infielder, and only 3 OF. Plus a DH and UTL makes 10 hitters in the lineup. 5 SP, 3 RP. Is Carl Crawford still in the league? its Brandon Crawford SF SS

Comment

yeah JP is interesting. more of a middle season call up though right?

Comment

Posey 19$
        Abreu 28$
        Rendon2B/3B 4$
        Kluber 21$
        Sale 27$
        J.Turner 0$
        B.Crawford 1$
        Moose 5$

would be my 8.
        So youd keep Turner and Moose over Archer? I can only play 1 3B unless I put one in UTL

Comment

How many pitchers do you start? I would be all about the elite players. Trade Rendon for Harper or Stanton if you can. I probably keep your top 7 + Britton.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            How many pitchers do you start? I would be all about the elite players. Trade Rendon for Harper or Stanton if you can. I probably keep your top 7 + Britton.
            5 SP, 3 RP. I dont think I can get either for Rendon(both owned by commish, not surprised) Do you mean trade Trout for one of them? If so, I already tried and he wasnt interested.

Comment

Yeah, maybe this is a better approach. It's hard for me to wrap my head around this league.

So with the customized dollar formula thing, does that mean every team has had its players' values set by a formula instead of their auction price? What kind of talent will be available at the auction?
              Yes, prices are reset every year based on his set on metrics and your keepers values are deducted from your 250$ budget. So if i keep trout and the 3 pitchers, im at like 180+ of my 250 draft money left. Keeping Cespedes puts me over 200$

Comment

I just traded a $60 trout for a $29 springer and $17 Dee Gordon. Howd I do?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesfredette View Post
                  You did damn fine...how long can you keep your new pair? See what I did there?
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by jamesfredette View Post
                    You're lucky they don't arrest people for this kind of deal.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                    X