No announcement yet.

Official Baseball In Memoriam Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9 years ago today, we lost Gwynn. Gone way too soon.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Horrifying story:

George Mason pitcher Sang Ho Baek died Saturday following complications from Tommy John surgery. He was 20. Here is the description of what happened, according to a GoFundMe fundraiser organized in his honor by a teammate.

"Sang was a member of the 2021 George Mason Baseball team. After battling through injuries throughout the season, Sang required Tommy John surgery. He suddenly passed away due to complications with his surgery. As a team, we are all mourning his passing. We are asking for donations in order to support Sang's family through this difficult time. Any and all donations are appreciated, and the Baek family will receive all of the proceeds."

Baek reportedly died from a blood clot during the surgery.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Horrifying story:

George Mason pitcher Sang Ho Baek died Saturday following complications from Tommy John surgery. He was 20. Here is the description of what happened, according to a GoFundMe fundraiser organized in his honor by a teammate.

"Sang was a member of the 2021 George Mason Baseball team. After battling through injuries throughout the season, Sang required Tommy John surgery. He suddenly passed away due to complications with his surgery. As a team, we are all mourning his passing. We are asking for donations in order to support Sang's family through this difficult time. Any and all donations are appreciated, and the Baek family will receive all of the proceeds."

Baek reportedly died from a blood clot during the surgery.
        https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/g...-john-surgery/
        Terrible. In a normal year, my Terps might have played them and I might have seen this guy. RIP.

Comment

• Tom Reich, one of the earliest and most influential agents in baseball history, died at age 85. He started representing players in 1970, and eventually repped some of baseball's biggest stars, including Sammy Sosa, Dave Parker, George Foster, Mo Vaughn, etc. RIP.

Comment

• Dick Tidrow, who pitched for 6 teams over 14 seasons, primarily for the Yankees, and then became a longtime exec with the SF Giants, died at age 74. He also had one of the greatest 'staches in baseball history. RIP.

Comment

• J.R. Richard, former Astro all-star who was top 5 in Cy Young voting twice, has died at age 71. Richard had a stroke in 1980 in the middle of one of his best seasons, and never fully recovered enough to resume his baseball career.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                J.R. Richard, former Astro all-star who was top 5 in Cy Young voting twice, has died at age 71. Richard had a stroke in 1980 in the middle of one of his best seasons, and never fully recovered enough to resume his baseball career.
                Died of COVID. What a loss.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Rafael Carmona, a reliever who pitched for 4 seasons with the Mariners from 1995 to 1999, died at age 48. RIP.

Comment

• Bill Freehan, a longtime catcher for the Detroit Tigers and borderline Hall of Famer, died at age 79. RIP.

Comment

Bill Freehan, a longtime catcher for the Detroit Tigers and borderline Hall of Famer, died at age 79. RIP.
                      As a long time Tiger fan that sadden me. He had numerous concussions which probably lead to his Alzheimer's disease. Best catcher the Tigers ever had. 11 times all-star. May he RIP.

Comment

• Ray Fosse, a longtime catcher for the Oakland A’s and then their longtime broadcaster, died of cancer at age 74. RIP.

Comment

Ray Fosse, a longtime catcher for the Oakland A’s and then their longtime broadcaster, died of cancer at age 74. RIP.
                          Does Pete Rose have an alibi?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            Does Pete Rose have an alibi?
                            He was play craps in Atlantic city.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Red Sox legend Jerry Remy died of cancer at age 68. RIP.

Comment

• Pedro Feliciano, a NY Mets bullpen mainstay from 2002-2013, died from a heart condition at age 45. RIP.

Comment

Working...
                                X