Official Baseball In Memoriam Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    Mr. Oriole, Brooks Robinson...gone today at age of 86. RIP brooks-robinson.jpg
    OMG, Brooksie! In addition to being one of greatest ballplayers of all time, he was always a real class act. I have a photo of him together w me and my cousin when we were little during his appearance at a sporting goods store in my hometown. 2 WS rings, an MVP, 16 straight gold gloves and 15 AS games. RIP.

Comment

• Some Brooks Robinson highlights from that 1970 World Series MVP performance:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• MLB Network Remembers Brooks Robinson:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Former Red Sox and Pirates knuckleball pitcher Tim Wakefield has died from brain cancer at age 57. RIP.

Last edited by madducks; 10-01-2023, 05:09 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Reliever, Jim Poole, who pitched for several teams in the 1990's including the Orioles, died on Oct. 6. He had "Lou Gehrig's" disease. He pitched in the 1995 WS for Cleveland. He was 57 y/o. RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
              Reliever, Jim Poole, who pitched for several teams in the 1990's including the Orioles, died on Oct. 6. He had "Lou Gehrig's" disease. He pitched in the 1995 WS for Cleveland. He was 57 y/o. RIP.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Pete Ladd, a reliever for 3 MLB teams from 1979 to 1986, died at age 67. RIP.

Comment

• Here's Ladd getting the final out of the 1982 ALCS:

Comment

• Pete Ladd was one of Harvey's Wallbangers. The 82 Brewers were one of the greatest teams (5 Hall Of Famers) that didn't win it all. RIP.
                    Last edited by madducks; 10-23-2023, 06:13 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Frank "Hondo" Howard, the feared slugger who hit 382 HRs for the Dodgers, Senators, Rangers & Tigers, died at age 87. RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Frank "Hondo" Howard, the feared slugger who hit 382 HRs for the Dodgers, Senators, Rangers & Tigers, died at age 87. RIP.

The Capital Punisher
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Frank "Hondo" Howard, the feared slugger who hit 382 HRs for the Dodgers, Senators, Rangers & Tigers, died at age 87. RIP.

He had tremendous power but man was he slow. Whenever I hear his name, I cant help but remember a game where he was trying to score on a hit to the OF. The throw came in to the catcher and he wasnt even in the camera frame yet. Then he appeared lumbering in from the left of the screen and went into a slide and a tremendous cloud of dust arose as he slid into the tag. It was pretty funny. He never had more than 1 SB in any year and had only 8 total in his 16-yr career. Hit the last HR for the Washington Senators and the first HR for the Texas Rangers. RIP.

Comment

• Dick Drago, a pitcher for the Royals, Angels, Red Sox, Orioles & Mariners over a 13yr career from 1969-1981, died at age 78. RIP.

Comment

• SAN DIEGO — With profound sadness, the Padres announce that Peter Seidler passed away today in San Diego. He was 63.

“The Padres organization mourns the passing of our beloved Chairman and owner, Peter Seidler,” said Padres CEO Erik Greupner. “Today, our love and prayers encircle Peter’s family as they grieve the loss of an extraordinary husband, father, son, brother, uncle, and friend. Peter was a kind and generous man who was devoted to his wife, children, and extended family. He also consistently exhibited heartfelt compassion for others, especially those less fortunate. His impact on the city of San Diego and the baseball world will be felt for generations. His generous spirit is now firmly embedded in the fabric of the Padres. Although he was our Chairman and owner, Peter was at his core a Padres fan. He will be dearly missed.”

RIP Papa Pete. You changed baseball in San Diego..Thank you and rest well.
                              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                                SAN DIEGO — With profound sadness, the Padres announce that Peter Seidler passed away today in San Diego. He was 63.

“The Padres organization mourns the passing of our beloved Chairman and owner, Peter Seidler,” said Padres CEO Erik Greupner. “Today, our love and prayers encircle Peter’s family as they grieve the loss of an extraordinary husband, father, son, brother, uncle, and friend. Peter was a kind and generous man who was devoted to his wife, children, and extended family. He also consistently exhibited heartfelt compassion for others, especially those less fortunate. His impact on the city of San Diego and the baseball world will be felt for generations. His generous spirit is now firmly embedded in the fabric of the Padres. Although he was our Chairman and owner, Peter was at his core a Padres fan. He will be dearly missed.”

RIP Papa Pete. You changed baseball in San Diego..Thank you and rest well.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X