No announcement yet.

Official Baseball In Memoriam Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy Conigliaro, who played for 5 seasons and was the brother of the ill-fated Tony Conigliaro, died at age 73. RIP.

Comment

• Juan Pizarro, who pitched for 18 years from 1957-1974 and won 131 games, died at age 84. RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Juan Pizarro, who pitched for 18 years from 1957-1974 and won 131 games, died at age 84. RIP.

I remember that he pitched in the 1st MLB game I ever saw as a kid. He closed one of the games of a doubleheader against my O's. I remember that I thought he threw really hard. Strange that I dont remember any of the other pitchers in either game, even for the O's. RIP.

Comment

• Stan Williams, an All Star pitcher from 1958 to 1972 primarily for the Dodgers & Yankees, died at age 84. RIP.

Comment

• Joe Altobelli, who managed the Baltimore Orioles to a World Series title in 1983, died at age 88. RIP.

Comment

• Rheal Cormier, a situational lefty reliever who pitched for 6 teams over 16 major league seasons (1991 to 2007), died at age 53 from pancreatic cancer. RIP.

Comment

• Norm Sherry, a catcher from 1959-1963 with the Dodgers who became manager of the Angels in 1975-1976 and then a longtime pitching coach, died at age 89. RIP.

Comment

• Eulogio "Frankie" De La Cruz, a relief pitcher who was one of the six prospects the Tigers traded to the Marlins for Miguel Cabrera and Dontrelle Willis in 2007, has died at the age of 37. RIP.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Ed Armbrister, a backup OFer for the Reds during their Big Red Machine era, died at age 72. RIP.

Comment

• Dr. Bobby Brown, the former Yankee 3rd baseman who won 4 rings in the 1950s and later became President of the American League, as well as a Korean War vet and cardiologist, died at age 96. RIP.

Comment

• Twins bench coach Mike Bell, brother of Reds manager David Bell and son of former All Star Buddy Bell, died of kidney cancer at just age 46. RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Twins bench coach Mike Bell, brother of Reds manager David Bell and son of former All Star Buddy Bell, died of kidney cancer at just age 46. RIP.
                          He was a former player himself. I remember when Mike was drafted in the first round. Wow, way too soon.

Comment

• Randy Tate, who was a member of the 1975 NY Mets rotation -- which was the first season I went to a Mets game -- died from covid at age 68. RIP.

Comment

• Ken Reitz, known as the “Zamboni” at 3B for the Cardinals and two other teams from 1972-1982, died at age 69. He was traded, along with Leon Durham, for Bruce Sutter in 1982. RIP.

Comment

• Tom Robson, who had a brief career as a 1st baseman for the Rangers from 1974-1975, but later was a well-respected hitting coach for the Rangers and Mets, died at age 75. He was also the uncle of Mike Moustakas. RIP.

Comment

Working...
                                X