2K16: Yoenis Cespedes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K16: Yoenis Cespedes

I have a difficult budgeting decision as to whether or not cespedes can repeat the season as a total he had last year. I think the repeat of .290 100/30/100 is optimistic, but what are they chances he puts up .275 90/27/90?

Originally posted by jamesfredette View Post
    I have a difficult budgeting decision as to whether or not cespedes can repeat the season as a total he had last year. I think the repeat of .290 100/30/100 is optimistic, but what are they chances he puts up .275 90/27/90?
    a few gusts of wind

Comment

There's a lot of bad pitching in the NL this year. But his approach was still mostly terrible with the Mets.

35 HR, I will buy. But I expect the AVG will be more like .260.

Comment

I know most assume he'll regress, and some think he will regress quite a bit. Clearly, he can't sustain the pace he set in the second half for all of 2016, but I do think he is capable of not disappointing you if your expectations are .275/90/27/90 (although he may underperform that BA, and overperform in the power department, I think that state line is a fair projection of his overall value).

Aside from the ever present and obvious danger of injury for every player, to me, the question on Cespedes is whether you think he is sufficiently motivated to perform to the best of his abilities. The knock I've read frequently about him is that he hasn't always prepared like a dedicated professional, and I think that has already cost him a lot of money. It could also cost you roto value if he falls back into those patterns, but the talent is there.

I don't know what to make of his antics with all his different wacky rides to spring training this year. I tentatively think they show some self-awareness, and reveal good natured showmanship. But if you think they are an indication that he isn't taking his job seriously enough, maybe that should give you pause.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys! I had been hearing that alot of people are down on him and while I agree that his mets run last season isnt sustainable, he still offers good counting stats with a livable average this year. I think I am going to keep him even though I have Trout as well and its only 3 OF

Comment

His career (four year) averages: 144 G, 609 PA, 84 R, 27 HR, 92 RBI, 9 SB, .271/.319/.486
            2/3 of those PAs were with Oakland & the Mets, so no reason to worry about the home park (he's been better on the road so far in his career).

Along the lines of what JC said - 38 games vs ATL & PHI - their projected #2 starters are Matt Wisler and Jeremy Hellickson.
            people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post

Along the lines of what JC said - 38 games vs ATL & PHI - their projected #2 starters are Matt Wisler and Jeremy Hellickson.
              I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Comment

Working...
              X