2K16: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
    For me Bailey would be an end game pick or a reserve pick. I read where he was throwing about 90.
    I agree. He's a priority WW acquisition and high upside gamble during draft or auction.

About the velocity, I would not worry much. He was low-mid 90s as a young gun. Last year he clocked at 93 but that may have been exceptional. If his fastball sits at 90-91, at least he knows how to use it.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Mackanin stated that Bailey is the front runner and apparently does have some worry about his 90 fastball.

Comment

Will Smith with a torn LCL. Unclear currently if he needs surgery or just rehab. Either way, it seems unlikely that he will close for the Brewers any time soon. We can probably assume that Jeffress will close for now.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/373625061.html

Tom @Haudricourt 23m23 minutes ago
        #Brewers reliever Will Smith says he has torn LCL in right knee. Waiting to be seen by team doc to see if needs surgery or just rehab.

Tom @Haudricourt 24m24 minutes ago
        What makes injury tougher for #Brewers Will Smith is didn’t happen on the field. Twisted knee taking off a shoe in clubhouse. Freak accident

Tom @Haudricourt 19m19 minutes ago
        Will Smith said has never had injury so doesn’t know what to expect. Hoping to avoid surgery but team doc William Raasch will determine that

Comment

Yeah just saw the news on Smith. Weird way to get injured. I have Jeffress and may take a shot at getting Knebel.

Comment

Is Knebel going to be Wade Davis?

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
              Is Knebel going to be Wade Davis?

J
              I don't think he's that good. He could get the job, and he does have good stuff, but there's plenty of questions with Knebel, too.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

from csnphilly.com:

Less than two weeks ago, Mackanin was describing Bailey as “probably the frontrunner” to be the team’s closer. Now, there’s a vibe that Bailey might not make the team. Mackanin voiced concerns with Bailey’s velocity and command after the pitcher’s last two outings. Mackanin was only lukewarm on Bailey again after Sunday’s outing.

“He looked OK,” Mackanin said. “I’d like to see more from him.”

When pressed, Mackanin said, “I need to see more from him. Let’s leave it at that.”
                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

CloserMonkey has Dalier Hinojosa listed 3rd in the tire fire that is the Phillies bullpen. I'm still wondering if Luis Garcia could end up as the guy there. Only 4 walks in 6.2 innings this spring!

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                    CloserMonkey has Dalier Hinojosa listed 3rd in the tire fire that is the Phillies bullpen. I'm still wondering if Luis Garcia could end up as the guy there. Only 4 walks in 6.2 innings this spring!
                    Was just farmed out this morning

Comment

What's the closer situation in Philly, both short and long term for this season?

Comment

Originally posted by whalewang View Post
                        What's the closer situation in Philly, both short and long term for this season?
                        Your guess is as good as anyone else's.

Since they're not contending, we'll likely see veteran(s) in this role all year so as not to drive up anyone's arbitration cost.
                        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by whalewang View Post
                          Yeah, veterans this year (Hernandez, Bailey, Mujica, Hinojosa... even Frieri I guess) and long term probably a failed starter (VV, Appel, Thompson seem like the most likely candidates, though all still have a shot to make it as a starter)

Comment

No more news out of Toronto on Storen/Osuna yet, is there?

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
                              No more news out of Toronto on Storen/Osuna yet, is there?
                              no, very quiet. I wouldn't be surprised if there is no official closer named ... although having said that, expect an announcement imminently ...
                              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I don't know why you wouldn't use Storen as closer?
                                He's been brilliant every time he's been called upon to close.

Comment

Working...
                                X