Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Puig or Pollock for 10th and final keeper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puig or Pollock for 10th and final keeper?

10 Team H2H points league. Keep 10. My other 9 are:

Goldy
    Altuve
    Tulo
    Upton
    Kershaw
    Kluber
    J. Zimmerman
    Lester
    Rosenthal

Scoring:
    http://games.espn.go...leagueId=180071

Pollock scored 688 points last season and Puig managed 232 in only 285 AB's

Yeah, I'd say Pollock pretty easily, even though I think that Puig has a nice bounceback season.

I might consider Puig over Zimmerman though...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

I think this is closer than it looks, because I think Pollock will regress and Puig has the potential to perform way better. But Pollock is still the safer bet. I mean, the hope for Puig is that he is as valuable as what Pollock was last year, but that is far from a good bet given his maturity issues. It is not impossible that Puig outperforms Pollock in 2016, but I wouldn't put an even money bet on it. I'd keep Pollock.

Of course, another option is tossing back a pitcher and keeping both. In a 10 team league, you can gamble on Puig without it hurting you too much. I'm not a huge fan of Zimmerman. In a league that shallow, I think tossing him back to keep Puig makes sense.

Comment

agree with both of the above. I'd throw back Zimmermann also.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
          agree with both of the above. I'd throw back Zimmermann also.
          Agreed -- keep Puig & Pollock and toss Zimmerman (or even Rosenthal).

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
            I'd keep both over Zimmerman, Lester, or Rosenthal. I agree that Zimmerman is the most droppable of those pitchers.
            This.
            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
            -- William James

Comment

I would keep both and drop Zim as well.

Comment

Working...
              X