OnLine Roto Auction Mixed League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OnLine Roto Auction Mixed League

Being with a woman all night never hurt no professional baseball player. It's staying up all night looking for a woman that does him in.
    Casey Stengel

People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.
    Rogers Hornsby

You spend a good piece of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time.
    Jim Bouton

Baseball is like church. Many attend few understand.
    Leo Durocher

“When I was a small boy in Kansas, a friend of mine and I went fishing. I told him I wanted to be a real Major League baseball player, a genuine professional like Honus Wagner. My friend said that he'd like to be President of the United States. Neither of us got our wish.”

Dwight D. Eisenhower

"I think he was so well put together and his system so well adjusted that his bodily functions were near to perfection. This is especially remarkable because for several years, starting at age twelve, he worked in a mine near his hometown of Mansfield, Pennsylvania, new renamed Carnegie."

Author - Fred Lieb on Honus Wagner

Little League baseball is a very good thing because it keeps the parents off the streets.
    Yogi Berra

The only thing I can do is play baseball. I have to play ball. It's the only thing I know.
    Mickey Mantle

Baseball is a red-blooded sport for red-blooded men. It's no pink tea, and mollycoddles had better stay out. It's a struggle for supremacy, a survival of the fittest

Ty Cobb

If Roto Baseball is something you know, whether it keeps you off the street or not, maybe even better if you’re caught in the grip of the Roto baseball bug, ...Winter will soon end during Spring Training. Should winning be your goal and not a pot of gold, then you should consider plunking down $13 to have everything in one place, where every free agent in the league stat service’s player pool is really available (a fee based stat service) joining us for our Stir Not My Cold, Black Roto-Heart League. See here for more details-

Mollycoddles,
    Gold-Diggers,
    Little Leaguers,
    Those who prefer a league where they can play keep-away using their bench or farm system, and
    Ghost Team owners
    please look elsewhere; you need not apply here.
    There are plenty of other leagues that will gladly take you and then replace you the following season. A perpetual revolving door.

P.S. You might wonder what happened to 2 of our owners, who were on opposite sides of the US border. The Canadian had an epiphany and so is devoting the remainder of his life to writing even more Jane Austen style English 1800s novels (he has already written 6; Jane only published 7.), while the American lost first his soul to alcohol, then his heart to a gorgeous model, but a Jezebel nonetheless. Of those 2 extremes I’d rather be the former, because I’ve been there and done the latter, though with a professional ballet dancer, hardly a model- much to my regret. I did fall very far indeed, yet not so low that I gave up baseball. Stir Not Commish

My hovercraft is full of eels. - Hungarian Nationalist

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      My hovercraft is full of eels. - Hungarian Nationalist
      Spoiler Alert ?
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
        This is perhaps the best advertisement for a roto league I've seen. Kudos!
        He had me at Jane Austen....
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
        X