Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mock One 2016 - Discussion and Interest

It's almost that time of year again!

Here's last year's discussion thread: http://forum.rotojunkiefix.com/showt...hlight=desmond

And last year's draft thread: http://forum.rotojunkiefix.com/showt...hlight=desmond

Last year we used Fantrax and, at least to me, it seemed to go well. Would there be interest in going back?

For the uninitiated (or the forgetful), it's a 20-ish team mixed league where we draft the league (here or somewhere else), make witty and sarcastic comments, and then play it out.

Standard 5x5 scoring, 23-man rosters (2 UTs and only 1 catcher), with a 5-man reserve and a couple of DH spots.

Those who participated last year get priority but I'm sure we'll need some new blood as we always do.

I'm willing to help run and organize if needed, but if someone else has a strong desire to take over the reins, I certainly won't complain.

Last year's owners:

litlebilly3 1 1
    Hornsby 2 2 -- 8
    chancellor 3 3
    bryanbutler 4 4
    revo 5 5 -- 7
    Fresno Bob 6 6 -- 9
    Pogues 7 7
    mgwiz22 8 8 -- 2
    silentmist 9 9
    TyWebb04 10 10
    the heat 11 11
    willthethrill 12 12
    BuckyBuckner 13 13 -- 3
    Piney Boy 14 14 -- 5
    DMT 15 15
    GwynnInTheHall 16 16 - out
    Weapon1 17 17
    eldiablo55 18 18 -- 4
    joncarlos 19 19 -- 2
    DJBeasties 20 20
    quoin 21 21 -- 6

Potential new owners:
    Mithrandir
    Davros
    gcstomp???
    Thatrogue???
    Last edited by joncarlos; 01-13-2016, 08:12 AM.

Comment

If interested (new or returning) please post here.

Comment

If you need a new participant I am willing.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I am willing to return.

Comment

I'll do it again.
            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I would have an interest in joining if a spot opens up.

Comment

I'll be back. Andi am fine with eld's suggestion of no pickups before the season starts.
                Last edited by Piney Boy; 01-12-2016, 09:42 AM.
                Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

At one point wasnt mock 1 a static pick and forget? I see from last years comments quotes such as "Screw that site (meaning Fantrax). If we decide to use this site next year, I'm out. It's so annoying I haven't looked at it...."

Comment

Count me in again this year.

Comment

Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                      At one point wasnt mock 1 a static pick and forget? I see from last years comments quotes such as "Screw that site (meaning Fantrax). If we decide to use this site next year, I'm out. It's so annoying I haven't looked at it...."
                      Mock 1 has always been a play league. Mock 2 is usually pick and forget.

I'm not married to Fantrax. Fine with just drafting here and playing on Yahoo if that's what people want.

Also fine with making sure we have a set date for the first pickups. I think that should be manageable.

Comment

I'm in, and yes, I recall Fantrax being a disaster. Not sure why though. I know some commented they hated the site during the season. But honestly, I don't care if we use them again.

And in re-reading some of last year's thread, it makes sense to allow reserves to be drafted whenever and not just after the starters are taken.

Comment

I'm back as long as we don't use fantrax...simply awful.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

i'm in again as long as we are set on the rules before the draft, ie when does FA start, are we draft and hold? etc....I dont remember any personal hate for fantrax, just used couchmanagers, and it had some hiccups as well
                            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I really hate picking reserves before the starters are drafted. We'll have to see what the consensus is.

We'll definitely set a policy for FA pickups before we start. It may depend slightly on the capabilities of the tracking system we use.

Comment

Working...
                              X