No announcement yet.

Mock One 2016 - Discussion and Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joncarlos is super serious about FA pickups. Usually by May teams drop off. If there are teams that never signed in to set a starting lineup then the commish can do it for them. I did that for years, but never did any daily moves.
    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• I'm taking it seriously
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Can we shorten the waiver period? I think it's set to seven days. I think that was done for pre season since we did not want to have pickups done before the start of the season but now I think seven days is too long for a player to sit out there. Just a thought.
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
          Can we shorten the waiver period? I think it's set to seven days. I think that was done for pre season since we did not want to have pickups done before the start of the season but now I think seven days is too long for a player to sit out there. Just a thought.
          Agreed.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
            It's only that long for players who have been dropped, not all free agents. Although I'm not familiar with how long waiver periods normally are, it seems okay to me. It should be long enough that we don't have to check the wire every day to see who has been dropped, imo. I don't like this daily transaction business, personally.
            I feel like it's been four days in the past. I agree that you shouldn't have to check everyday but seven days seems too long.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• So DMT doesn't want to play??
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                So DMT doesn't want to play??
                I can do a 1-time fix as commish.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  So DMT doesn't want to play??
                  Sorry, not really.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• No DL in this league?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      No DL in this league?
                      Two spots. I have two people on DL. Can you not put someone there?

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                        Two spots. I have two people on DL. Can you not put someone there?
                        I guess I tried to add someone and it only asked for a drop, not a DL move. I guess it works differently than CBS. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          I guess I tried to add someone and it only asked for a drop, not a DL move. I guess it works differently than CBS. Thanks.
                          Yeah, you need to do it as two separate moves (DL the player then pick up the new player), as I'm sure you figured out by now.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Tom Petty taking over my team

"Free fallin'........."

Comment

Working...
                            X