Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally Cutting the Cable - Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by griswold View Post
    Hey, T-Mobile users are getting FREE MLB.TV again this year! WOOT!
    Yup gotta sign up on April 4th and only on that day to do it. I did it last year.
    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
      Hey, T-Mobile users are getting FREE MLB.TV again this year! WOOT!
      I wish we could get local games, or even the feed from the opposing team. I signed up last year, but didn't use it much.
      "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
      - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
      - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
        I wish we could get local games, or even the feed from the opposing team. I signed up last year, but didn't use it much.
        Use Kodi for the local games. Just use a PC or laptop. I used my phone and mirrored the screen. It was buffering too much to be useful.
        Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
          Use Kodi for the local games. Just use a PC or laptop. I used my phone and mirrored the screen. It was buffering too much to be useful.
          I tried that before, couldnt even see the ball because the video quality was so terrible.
          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
            Yup gotta sign up on April 4th and only on that day to do it. I did it last year.
            Yeah I saw that....trust me, it's on my calendar.

Comment

dam..i was just shopping at walmart. totally sucked into the shopping experience and about to take a right down an isle and leave but went straight and these two kids i didn't see from comcast were camped near the electronics section. cute, nice girl asks me who my cable provider is and i say comcast, comcrap, and she asks why i don't get someone else. and i reply because you're probably the same. then i look down and see the xfinity logo and go 'oh shit' you guys are comcast. then like an asshole i proceed to call their company evil. sell my information to telemarketers. which the guy says they shouldn't call me. it wasn't too bad, but i suddenly got all worked up. then the guy asks me if i can talk into my remote and i'm like 'what!' ..it's a good thing i didn't but i was about to say 'no geeky man i can't talk in my remote'. at this point the girl turns away like -ah shit i just approached the wrong person- then i babbled about being a cord cutter and getting my internet bill down to $40 only to see it go up $10 the next month. stated i'd get a different company if i could and left.

it's not their fault my relationship with my internet provider sucks. reminds me the time i was delivering mulch for a living. i knew the quality sucked. so when i got to a house one time, i made sure to dump it in the designated spot asap. right before a lady came out and was like 'oh no' because she wanted to check it first. and she noted the poor quality. i felt bad.

i thought later, i could've asked to see the store manager and told him, while the kids were polite and fine and professional, after i just spent a couple hundred bucks shopping there the last few days, if i had known or thought comcast would be in the store i wouldn't have shopped there. but i guess i'm glad i didn't. ..i will say one thing, comcast is very reliable. and there was that one time i got a new computer and the mac address of the nic card or my new assigned IP was banned from a place i frequented and i was actually able to get them to change my IP. which is the only way they would ever do that. i must've sounded convincing.

stll i'm just a fucking asshole. yet i'm sure kids these days are like whatever. it's their world. it bothers me that it bothers me. everyone with their cell phones. and that i'm not part of it even though i don't want to. i am not anti-technology. to be here from the start and a part of the digital revolution. i just wonder the effect. i'm certainly not anti-social.

cells phones and social media aren't like video games. video games are more anti-social. cell phones are just a way for people to stay in contact with each other. so i think i'm looking at it the wrong way. if anything i feel more anti-capitalist. they aren't there to sell you a better life, xfinity and at&t are just trying to squeeze as many dollars as they can out of you via the new world.

i don't like the commercials. there's plenty of them during football games. it's always some geeky guy. not that there's anything wrong with it. i'm not anti-nerd if there is such a thing. but that's the world now. heh. i woke up one day and i was a dinosaur before i even started getting AARP applications.

Comment

those kid's were probably like 'oh shit' we just tried to sell an internet plan to the unibomber. that sucks. i am old enough to know better. it's like everyday i wake up and i tell myself, ok don't do anything stupid. be polite. try to be original, make small talk and ask people how they are. smile. and then life throws something at you unexpected. i am just not a quick thinker. i need to work on that.

Comment

We have a Fire TV and likely will be dumping DirectTV. With NetFilx, Hulu and other options easily available we plan to dump it in the very near future.
                  It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                  Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

we cut our cable, bought a digital antenna, and retained our Hulu, Amazon and Netflix accounts, I'll probably have to pick up an MLB package when baseball rolls around
                    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                      we cut our cable, bought a digital antenna, and retained our Hulu, Amazon and Netflix accounts, I'll probably have to pick up an MLB package when baseball rolls around
                      This is essentially what we plan to do also. I wont pick up MLB package as I havent watched a game on TV in probably a decade.
                      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                      Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

We have Netflix and Amazon through a Fire stick. What does Hulu do for you that they don't?

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                          We have Netflix and Amazon through a Fire stick. What does Hulu do for you that they don't?

J
                          hulu gives us the current shows my kids watch, like the Arrowverse on WB
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                          X