Probably:

Long John (because he can't resist)

Dunno:

Frae
    DMT
    Chancellor

Out Like Gout:

Controller J
    Last edited by johnnya24; 12-23-2015, 09:23 PM.

The 3 options that people seemed to prefer were:

1. Franchise (which will need little bit of work, but nothing major ... I've yet to speak with mjl)
    2. Left over draft (left over players from VD10)
    3. The final of the 3 period drafts (Vintage or Modern ... can't remember which)

Please express a preference
    (even if it's what you don't want ... we should all be very experienced at negative voting these days.)
    Last edited by johnnya24; 12-21-2015, 03:47 PM.

Comment

pretty sure we did modern... it was vintage that we hadn't done, and there were questions about how to deal with the saves category.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        pretty sure we did modern... it was vintage that we hadn't done, and there were questions about how to deal with the saves category.
        Provide a link or no one will take you seriously.

But yeah, that is what I recall as well. I would prefer not to do leftovers
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          Provide a link or no one will take you seriously.

Comment

In like Doug Flynn.

Comment

I'll be out for this one
              people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

In and I vote vintage. With so few alternate stats to choose from, I think we just have to deal with saves being at a premium. To a lesser extent, the same will be true for hrs and Ks.
                "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

+2 for the final period draft (Vintage)

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
                    In and I vote vintage. With so few alternate stats to choose from, I think we just have to deal with saves being at a premium. To a lesser extent, the same will be true for hrs and Ks.
                    premium is an understatement... if I filter career by deadball and sort by saves, Joe McGinnity is the all time saves leader with... 24! it drops to single digits after 15 pitchers and everyone else is basically 5 or less. The winner of the draft is going to come down to who has 1 BY save more than the rest of the field and that's going to happen by freak occurrence (or whoever drafts last). Al Spalding has 9 BY saves in 1875 and the rest of the field is pretty much 3 or less.

I'd rather see an inverse Losses category if we wanted to stick with 2x(5x5) or just got with 4x4 for pitching than go with something that is going to be so silly as vintage saves.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                      premium is an understatement... if I filter career by deadball and sort by saves, Joe McGinnity is the all time saves leader with... 24! it drops to single digits after 15 pitchers and everyone else is basically 5 or less. The winner of the draft is going to come down to who has 1 BY save more than the rest of the field and that's going to happen by freak occurrence (or whoever drafts last). Al Spalding has 9 BY saves in 1875 and the rest of the field is pretty much 3 or less.

I'd rather see an inverse Losses category if we wanted to stick with 2x(5x5) or just got with 4x4 for pitching than go with something that is going to be so silly as vintage saves.
                      If we do the vintage class (and I'm admittedly not a fan), I agree -- saves should be eliminated. Heck, these guys didn't even know they were getting saves when they were getting saves! I like Losses or BB allowed.

Comment

I think that Vintage before Franchise would be my preferred choice ... just to finish the sequence.

We could simply leave off HR and SB and play an 8x8 draft. We could start right away with only a few SS modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                          I think that Vintage before Franchise would be my preferred choice ... just to finish the sequence.

We could simply leave off HR and SB and play an 8x8 draft. We could start right away with only a few SS modifications.
                          But if no one cares about the sequence, what does it matter?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                            But if no one cares about the sequence, what does it matter?
                            I guess it doesn't matter ... but no-one is saying anything other than a period draft ... Feral mentioned not wanting a Left-over draft, but that's all.

If we are dong a period draft, I think I'd prefer to finish the sequence rather than another Modern draft so soon, but that's just me.

I don't really care what we do.

(but I do like Franchise and combo drafts)

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post

I probably can't start until the 8th or 9th of January, if everyone wants to get moving before then, I'll sit this one out. Franchises would be fun. Or what about a 21st century draft -- you'd need one player from every year more or less....
                              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                              X