*** VD 11 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homercles cares not for beans.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I'd be interested in the Vintage draft.
      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

The franchise draft sounds the most fun to me. If that's out, I'd probably vote for vintage over modern, simply because I find part of the fun of this to be learning about players that I'm not as familiar with, but I'm really fine with whatever people want.

Comment

Who is Alex Trautner? I just noticed I have 6 RJ friends in common with him on facebook and 1 real world friend.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
            Trautdiggity
            Duh. That makes sense.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

So I guess we start around the 8th January ... to accommodate feral?

Then maybe CJ can join also. I PM'd him ... maybe Heyelander can find out.

Also, we need to decide whether we:

(a) add 2 new categories (that can preferably be derived from the stats already in the sheet)
              or

(b) go with 8x8 and leave out Saves and HR's

Comment

On the hitting side, using xbh instead of hr could be relatively painless. Not sure what to use on the pitching side. Losses?
                "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post

(a) add 2 new categories (that can preferably be derived from the stats already in the sheet)
                  or

Happy new year to all. ! Either option is ok with me
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                    Happy new year to all. ! Either option is ok with me
                    Happy New Year one and all!

Comment

or

Doesn't look liked we've got the format figured out. It is probably easier to do 8 X 8 unless we get a lot of support for some other categories. I'm ok with Long Johns idea as well
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

So since no-one has any real opinion, we'll just go with 8x8, since that's the easiest. I'll get the threads up and let everyone know tomorrow.

Comment

So since no-one has any real opinion, we'll just go with 8x8, since that's the easiest. I'll get the threads up and let everyone know tomorrow.
                          I'm sorry. I swore I posted that 8x8 was my preference. I guess not!
                          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

I'm gonna sit this one, good luck!
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

So in the spreadsheet anyone labeled as "Deadball" is draftable, is that right ?
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

maybe you guys can dig up photos of some of your aces
                                http://digitalcollections.nypl.org/s...ords=baseball#

Comment

Working...
                                X