Harry's Cigar Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry's Cigar Bar

This thread is for anything cigar related. Could be what you are smoking, or any stories you might want to share related to cigars.

GwynInTheHall mentioned Partagas Black Label in another thread. Sometime this week I will be sampling Partagas Black Label Maximo Sun Grown Toro. Very much looking forward to it.

My personal favorite and go to cigar is The La Gloria Cubana Serie R Esteli. It is consistent, full bodied, and fairly priced.

Yeah, I feel like we have done a cigar thread before that's okay.

My go-to cigar is the Diesel Unholy Cocktail Torpedo.....great full-bodied flavor.

I have tried many others....everything from 5 Vegas to CAO to Rocky Patel.

I bought a 5 pack of Alec Bradley's but haven't tried them yet.

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
      Yeah, I feel like we have done a cigar thread before that's okay.

My go-to cigar is the Diesel Unholy Cocktail Torpedo.....great full-bodied flavor.

I have tried many others....everything from 5 Vegas to CAO to Rocky Patel.

I bought a 5 pack of Alec Bradley's but haven't tried them yet.
      We did. It was at the old site. Not a lot of activity but still I thought I would give it a shot.

Never heard of the Diesel. It does look like something I would enjoy. I will see if my cigar shop carries these as well as the Black Labels.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        We did. It was at the old site. Not a lot of activity but still I thought I would give it a shot.

Never heard of the Diesel. It does look like something I would enjoy. I will see if my cigar shop carries these as well as the Black Labels.
        I don't know what gauge you like, but I trend toward the smaller sticks. Prontos are good because they look like cigarettes and I can smoke them in places that don;t allow cigars without too much hassle. If I'm at home, I go robusto and almost exclusively Maduros.

A great little smoke, very tasty, are the Papas Fritas. Again, smallish, but potent.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          I don't know what gauge you like, but I trend toward the smaller sticks. Prontos are good because they look like cigarettes and I can smoke them in places that don;t allow cigars without too much hassle. If I'm at home, I go robusto and almost exclusively Maduros.

A great little smoke, very tasty, are the Papas Fritas. Again, smallish, but potent.
          I have a tendency to smoke fairly fast. I end up hot boxing smaller ring cigars. I also inhale about 30% of the cigar so the bigger ring gauges keep the smoke cooler. I try to limit my cigar smoking to when I have an hour to an hour and a half or more to enjoy one. This happens about 3 times a week.

I also lean more towards Maduros but will occasionally vary for sport.

My last cigar was at Harry's last Wednesday. The plan is to go to another cigar shop in Libertyville IL this afternoon and try a Black Label. Today is office day. I need to get some paper work done. I might as well do it where I can enjoy a smoke.

Comment

I am about half way through the Black Label Gigante. Very tasty so far.

Comment

I am about half way through the Black Label Gigante. Very tasty so far.
              Gigantes, my brother cigar of choice....I need 2 hours to get through one of those.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Because it's disgusting !
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  You sound like my sister.......

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Gigantes, my brother cigar of choice....I need 2 hours to get through one of those.
                    Took me about an hour and 45 minutes to finish mine. I smoked it pretty far down not mustache singeing but pretty close. The smoke stayed pretty steady all the way through.

I can't say I liked it as well as my La Glorias but will have another one in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                      I took a poll of the 15 guys that were in the actual cigar lounge and none of them agree with you.

I will take another poll at the real Harry's tomorrow and see if any of those guys do.

Comment

The shop that I was in yesterday did not carry the Diesel. I am going to the real Harry's tomorrow and see if they have them.

In the interim I will be going back to Neumans this afternoon and enjoying my second of three sticks this week. Not yet sure what is on the menu.

Comment

I prefer a sativa-hybrid like Blue Dream more than something like Girl Scout Cookie
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                            Right? Why get cancer from something that doesn't even get you high?
                            Mostly because I was in the club of Professionals when it came to getting high and it started ruining my life. So I made a decision to quit.

Comment

Tuesday night I had one of worst cigars of my life.

I tried to stay with it to see if it would level out to acceptable. I had to quit after about an inch. There was nothing redeeming about it.

This is the description:

MAXX cigars were designed to deliver an eventful character that is balanced and far from overwhelming. Cloaked by a dark Nicaraguan maduro leaf, a complex, 4-country blend of tobaccos is bound by a tasty Co​sta Rican Binder. The complex cocktail of countries in this charmer includes: Colombia, Nicaragua, Honduras and Mexico. The result is a medium to full-bodied blend that's rich and smooth as silk from the get-go, but filled with toasty, earthy flavors and a natural sweetness on the lingering aftertaste.

Despite the wonderful array of flavors and aroma, what's most striking about MAXX is the lineup of sizes. Each cigar within the line is quite large, maximizing flavor and strength inside a long, luxurious experience.

They lie. It was harsh and so spicey that it burned my tongue. No hint of toasty or earthy. It did have a lingering aftertaste of bad and very peppery. It was a large cigar, that should be a selling point, but it just angered me as it meant more waste when I threw it out.

Maybe I got a bad one. Unfortunately it was so bad that I cannot even fathom it coming close to being good.

If this cigar was the only choice out there I would not smoke cigars.

Comment

Working...
                              X