Harry's Cigar Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
    with normalizing relations with Cuba, are Cuban cigars making it to the US? I saw them advertised all over London
    Not yet. If you are talking about cigar shops being able to sell them. If you visit Cuba you can bring back 50 cigars for personal consumption.

I have been told by several in the business that when that happens many will be disappointed. They will be paying extra for the name. The high demands have made the soil tired. The mass production to satisfy world requirements have also led some manufactures to shorten the aging process so this combination results in cigars that are not what they once where.

I certainly will try some if the price point allows. I will let my palate decide, but initial reports are taking some of the excitement out of the anticipation.

Comment

I have only had 3 cigars since mid-March. Two of them on the golf course and one on a patio with a friend of mine.

I can't say that I have quit, but certainly cut way back. I am playing golf tomorrow and not planning on having one.

I do not seem to miss them very much, but do enjoy them when I do. Strange turn of events.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        I have only had 3 cigars since mid-March. Two of them on the golf course and one on a patio with a friend of mine.

I can't say that I have quit, but certainly cut way back. I am playing golf tomorrow and not planning on having one.

I do not seem to miss them very much, but do enjoy them when I do. Strange turn of events.
        I've actually started smoking them more often in fact I'm going to meet an old theatre friend this evening, I'm sure we'll share a couple.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          I've actually started smoking them more often in fact I'm going to meet an old theatre friend this evening, I'm sure we'll share a couple.
          I hope you have a great time. Don't forget to report back on the sticks.

Comment

Nat Sherman, a great cigar shop in midtown Manhattan (right on the corner of 5th and 42nd St), closed for good this week.

Comment

I hope you have a great time. Don't forget to report back on the sticks.
              So. It was an interesting evening--My Friend, who runs the Santa Cruz Shakespeare Festival=al was actually a cigar rep in the Mid West prior to taking this job. He and the Shop owner elevated my knowledge of cigars all evening. I smoked on of the House blend Maduro, pig-tailed. They are apparently AJ Fernandez seconds {or use their filler} The second stick was a small Esteban Carreras Chupacabra, wow--what a tasty stick for those who m like bold and spicy--more flavor in that tiny thing than is some of my bigger sticks. I bought a My Father Le Bijou at the shop owners suggestion {seconded by my pal} I'll let you know how that smokes once i crack the seal. However the highlight of the evening was when the shop owner gifted my a real Cuban Montecristo--It's a No2 torpedo and I'm supposed to save it for an occasion. So I shall. Hope your Cigar adventures prove to be as enjoyable going forward
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

So, I found a nice Humidor on offer up a 200 ct woodworm with Spanish cedar insides. only $60. It's very nice. holds a seal and has allowed my to expand my collection. I still look for deals and have yet to smoke the Cubano or My father sticks. I have added several Alec Bradly sticks and recently an Oliva sampler. I'm smoking about 2-3 times a week out back (so cal weather) I'm planning to add some more end of this month.

I bought a box of the AB Pucks, they're seconds so the sticks are hit n miss and range from really good to meh. They help me pace the good ones. Last night was the Olive serie G maduro. Nice and smooth. I thought we could get this going again and share sticks we enjoy (or not)

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

No covid vaccine for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    I'm changing my name to Karen and road tripping to OC to get one at Chick Filet.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      At least you didn't ask if he was a smoker
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Finding I like the Alec Bradley Prensadios and the Olivia Melanio V when it comes to the Maduro/Habanos. Still searching for a really good Connecticut, though have had a couple that were nice, but nothing worth buying again so far.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Finding I like the Alec Bradley Prensadios and the Olivia Melanio V when it comes to the Maduro/Habanos. Still searching for a really good Connecticut, though have had a couple that were nice, but nothing worth buying again so far.
                          I really enjoy these. The write up is pretty accurate. I would prefer if it didn't have the sweet tip but that goes away quickly. The smoke is very flavorful. I like it for myself but it is smooth enough for casual smokers. Good on the golf course or just sitting around.

Asylum Insidious
                          4.58 out of 5
                          24 RATINGS
                          WRITE A REVIEW
                          Share:
                          Insidious by Asylum.

Insidious the horror movie may have made you cry like a little baby, but as luck would have it, Insidious by Asylum delivers quite the opposite effect. Tom Lazuka of Asylum Cigars created this blend to appeal to any cigar enthusiast, and each one features an uncharacteristically smooth profile and the first sweetened cap of any Asylum offering to date. This style of cigar was previously missing from the Asylum portfolio, so to please the masses, Insidious was born.

Insidious utilizes the first Ecuadorian Connecticut wrapper leaf of any Asylum release. Smooth and creamy, this wrapper conceals Honduran long-fillers and a Honduran binder, all combined to produce a relaxing, mellow experience. Each of the five vitolas in the line boasts a price point less than five buckaroos, making this sweet snack both easy on the palate and easy on the wallet.

It is going to be 41 degrees this afternoon. I am meeting up with a friend of mine at 3:00. This will be what I am smoking.

Comment

I really enjoy these. The write up is pretty accurate. I would prefer if it didn't have the sweet tip but that goes away quickly. The smoke is very flavorful. I like it for myself but it is smooth enough for casual smokers. Good on the golf course or just sitting around.

Asylum Insidious
                            4.58 out of 5
                            24 RATINGS
                            WRITE A REVIEW
                            Share:
                            Insidious by Asylum.

Insidious the horror movie may have made you cry like a little baby, but as luck would have it, Insidious by Asylum delivers quite the opposite effect. Tom Lazuka of Asylum Cigars created this blend to appeal to any cigar enthusiast, and each one features an uncharacteristically smooth profile and the first sweetened cap of any Asylum offering to date. This style of cigar was previously missing from the Asylum portfolio, so to please the masses, Insidious was born.

Insidious utilizes the first Ecuadorian Connecticut wrapper leaf of any Asylum release. Smooth and creamy, this wrapper conceals Honduran long-fillers and a Honduran binder, all combined to produce a relaxing, mellow experience. Each of the five vitolas in the line boasts a price point less than five buckaroos, making this sweet snack both easy on the palate and easy on the wallet.

It is going to be 41 degrees this afternoon. I am meeting up with a friend of mine at 3:00. This will be what I am smoking.
                            Is the cap infused like the acid sticks?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Is the cap infused like the acid sticks?
                              Ish...I say this because the sweetness on this one doesn't last more than a minute or two. It can be wiped/licked off. The roll, flavor, and quality for the price point make this minor inconvenience a non-issue.

It has been years since I had an acid. I seem to remember the sweetness being more perfumey and lasting a long time.

I hope you will give it a try. I wonder if you will be as impressed with it as I am. If you do I really hope you like it. Either way I hope to hear your honest take on it.

Comment

Ish...I say this because the sweetness on this one doesn't last more than a minute or two. It can be wiped/licked off. The roll, flavor, and quality for the price point make this minor inconvenience a non-issue.

It has been years since I had an acid. I seem to remember the sweetness being more perfumey and lasting a long time.

I hope you will give it a try. I wonder if you will be as impressed with it as I am. If you do I really hope you like it. Either way I hope to hear your honest take on it.
                                I will look for it saw an acylium sampler online today but it didn't contain the Insidious. Will keep looking BTW I bought a new sampler from a pretty excellent Cuban Cigar guy, Hirochi Robaina. My friend bought the sampler and said it was excellent, the Maduro especially. right now they're less than 3 bucks a stick so an easy price point for trying them out. I just put them in the humidor so i won't smoke one till next week, I'll let you know what I think and will keep looking for the Insidious.

If you're inclined--here's the info on the Hirochis.

The Hirochi Robaina Flight Sampler includes:
                                5 - Coopera Connecticut By Hirochi Robaina Toro (6.0” x 52)
                                5 - Coopera Maduro By Hirochi Robaina Toro (6.0” x 52)
                                5 - Coopera Habano By Hirochi Robaina Toro (6.0” x 52)

40 bucks on CI

Enjoy your smoke!

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X