X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    . I had to quit after about an inch.
    That's what she said.
    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

I haven't smoked cigars in a long time, and then only an occasional (cheap) after-dinner stogie, but I am enjoying reading this.
      If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
        I haven't smoked cigars in a long time, and then only an occasional (cheap) after-dinner stogie, but I am enjoying reading this.
        You're welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
          That's what she said.
          Ladies and gentlemen, he's here all week!
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            Ladies and gentlemen, he's here all week!
            Try the veal.

Comment

Try the veal.
              Veal cigars are nasty. Maybe that is why you think cigar smoking is disgusting?

Comment

Veal cigars are nasty. Maybe that is why you think cigar smoking is disgusting?
                Did I say it was disgusting? I don't remember. I like the smell of a cigar, but could never smoke one. (I had very bad allergies as a kid......I've never even tried a cigarette....I think one would kill me.)

Comment

Did I say it was disgusting? I don't remember.
                  It doesn't matter. The joke wouldn't work as well.

Comment

Thanks for the update, Gregg!

Outside of Diesel's, I really like just about anything Alec Bradley puts out.

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
                      Thanks for the update, Gregg!

Outside of Diesel's, I really like just about anything Alec Bradley puts out.
                      I forgot about the Diesels. I am going to Harry's Cigars on Wednesday. I will see if they carry them.

Comment

This thread is for anything cigar related. Could be what you are smoking, or any stories you might want to share related to cigars.

GwynInTheHall mentioned Partagas Black Label in another thread. Sometime this week I will be sampling Partagas Black Label Maximo Sun Grown Toro. Very much looking forward to it.

My personal favorite and go to cigar is The La Gloria Cubana Serie R Esteli. It is consistent, full bodied, and fairly priced.
                        This is what it says:

La Gloria Cubana = This highly celebrated brand does a few things right, like putting out blends that are full, rich, creamy and strong. In essence, they’re everything you want a cigar to be, and nothing that you don’t want a cigar to be. It really is that simple.

E.P. Carrillo, the face behind the name, is a master of his craft. When it comes to full-bodied, well-constructed cigars, nobody does it better, and that’s why the fans absolutely love it and can’t stop coming back for more. A delicious balance of Brazilian, Dominican, Mexican, and Nicaraguan filler leaves are lovingly swaddled inside a dark, sultry Ecuadorian wrapper, or a perfect brown Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper. What you’re left with is something worth getting excited over.

This is accurate for my tastes. I like to try different things, but always come back to this. I pay 8.95-10.95 well worth it.

I do have one I like better but that is $24.05 out the door so I limit that to about once a month.

Comment

I forgot about the Diesels. I am going to Harry's Cigars on Wednesday. I will see if they carry them.
                          They did have them.

My first impression was that it is medium bodied and a bit spicy for my tastes, but the spice settled down nicely. It smoked evenly and I enjoyed it enough to smoke it down to about an inch. Started getting very warm. Nice stick!

Comment

They did have them.

My first impression was that it is medium bodied and a bit spicy for my tastes, but the spice settled down nicely. It smoked evenly and I enjoyed it enough to smoke it down to about an inch. Started getting very warm. Nice stick!
                            Glad you enjoyed it!

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
                              Glad you enjoyed it!
                              No, Hey just my..........

I'm disappointed.

Comment

with normalizing relations with Cuba, are Cuban cigars making it to the US? I saw them advertised all over London
                                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                                X