2015-2016 RJEL Hoops Discussion Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
    Yahoo does not allow that that I know of.
    Just set it up for a daily league - but you tell your league mates set your line up weekly on Monday - then only allow them X moves doing the week. Easy enough

Comment

Thanks for the advise Hacko, an interesting thought. Frankly, I'd just like to go back to daily next year, we allow pick-ups on a daily basis, so it's not a huge stretch to punch in a line-up for the whole week at one time, and then tweak it it if there's an injury.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

I updated my trading block on the site but I'm not sure if it automatically sends an update. I'm not convinced that Drummond is going to average a 20/20 for the season or that Rondo is going to almost average a triple-double, but for now I'm ahead of the pack in REB/AST/STL by about 20%. I could use a couple more threes and points and blocks. I know there's probably nobody who has all of those categories, but if you have someone who'll help in two, I'm interested. Also it looks like I'm dumping FT%, so if you have someone shooting 50% on their free throws and you don't like it, let me know.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

There is a new poll posted today on our Yahoo site about Daily or Weekly transactions for next year. Please take a minute and cast your vote. Thanks.

Best in class Yahoo Mail, breaking local, national and global news, finance, sports, music, movies... You get more out of the web, you get more out of life.

Comment

On a 6-0 vote (at this point), we've voted to change back to daily moves for next season. I hope that everyone can accommodate this and stay in the league, if you can't, please let us know well in advance so that we can make any needed changes. Thanks...
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

We have a close finish at the top, heading into the final day:
              Big Tymers 67, Oakland A's 65, Gasoline 60

Big Tymers could potentially drop in the standings in points (leading 14176 to 14174) and FT% (.766 to .765 for 6th place). I didn't see any place where Big Tymers is likely to gain points today.

Oakland A's has two opportunities to pick up points, in points scored (trailing 13945 to 13952 for 4th place) and steals (trailing 940 to 943 for 4th place), but could also lose points in steals (up by 13 over the next team) and blocks (up by 7).

Unfortunately, lots of key players on both teams are sitting out games this week - Ibaka, Carmelo, Gobert, Kawhi, Valanciunis, Vucevic...

Comment

Payouts have been allocated: BigTymers wins $84. OaklandAs wins $36. Gasoline wins $20. Congrats to all.
                Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Working...
                X