2015-2016 RJEL Hoops Discussion Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    He may not be much for scoring, but I think that the rest of his game is ready for the big stage...
    Steve didn't follow his own advice about keeping commentary out of the draft thread so I moved this here.
    Last edited by JudeBaldo; 10-16-2015, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Just enjoy the crappy FG /FT %s said his 2014 owner

Comment

Didn't think McCollum would make it back to me. Don't really need more 3's but hopefully he'll get to run some point and get me 4+ assists to go along with a whole lot of points.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
          Didn't think McCollum would make it back to me. Don't really need more 3's but hopefully he'll get to run some point and get me 4+ assists to go along with a whole lot of points.
          I was worried you were thinking Myers Leonard even though you've got all of your bigs nearly filled. Would have preferred him at eight but did not want to take the chance. I really like him this year.

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
            Steve didn't follow his own advice about keeping commentary out of the draft thread so I moved this here.
            No, use your skills sir...I always comment on my picks within the boundaries of the Pick post, and I encourage others to do the same. I think hearing the reasoning of a pick is interesting.

What I don't want is the draft thread cluttered up with commentary on other peoples picks, or reminders that someone needs to pick, or to repick. That's what the "discussion" thread is for. Simple and easy...old people like it that way.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              No, use your skills sir...I always comment on my picks within the boundaries of the Pick post, and I encourage others to do the same. I think hearing the reasoning of a pick is interesting.

What I don't want is the draft thread cluttered up with commentary on other peoples picks, or reminders that someone needs to pick, or to repick. That's what the "discussion" thread is for. Simple and easy...old people like it that way.
              But then the logistics of that are wonky because then you'd have to go to another thread to respond.

Comment

DJ is going to win rebounds and blocks. Jeez.

Comment

I've been hearing good things about David Lee in Boston during the preseason. Hoping he can become a steady double-double player again.

Comment

Covington and Lee were the other guys I was considering. I like Lee but am concerned with how many other guys they have at his position - even with as good as he's been in the preseason I doubt he has a long leash.
                    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I was really hoping for CJ McCollum or David Lee, but I will settle for JJ Redick.
                      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Damn - really hoped Plumlee would fall back to me. Other than FT%, think he'll have a very good year

Comment

Might be a little early for Russell, but he's the real deal, and will hopefully rise to the occasion. I think that he's got the skills, and the temperament, to thrive in LA.

Now my only problem is that I've got FOUR point guards...LOL. Hopefully Russell will get SG designation before too long.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

So I get Markieff may still get suspended, but kind of surprised he lasted until the 10th. Anyone else? Seems a strong PF/C type to me.

Comment

He was on my radar for a while and kind of just forgot about him. My priorities also changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
                                So I get Markieff may still get suspended, but kind of surprised he lasted until the 10th. Anyone else? Seems a strong PF/C type to me.
                                My pick last round was between David Lee and Markieff; I would have definitely taken him this round if he dropped to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X