*** VD 10 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *** VD 10 Commentary Thread ***

Sooooo.......any interest in Vintage Draft 10 ? I don't really care about the format, but it usually takes a while to discuss, so I thought I'd start a thread.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

here's my proposal, with the caveat that I don't know what I'm doing anyway so I don't really know whether this would actually hurt any of you people who do know what you're doing:

same format, but any player chosen in VD9 is KO'd.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

LOL, I like that rule! But QUIZY's would be a bitch!

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        LOL, I like that rule! But QUIZY's would be a bitch!
        At least I wouldn't have to feel the anxiety of leaving them until the end. Maybe we could just skip the QUIZY's and add more WC since it will already be pretty thin pickings
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

[QUOTE=revo;231787]LOL, I like that rule! But QUIZY's would be a bitch![/QUOTE
          Maybe only have to use 1 Quizy - 2 from OVEN and added wildcards - Draft more cont hitters (after steroid era)...

Comment

I've always wanted to do letters plus decades. But we'd have to shrink the lineups a bit so you only had to use 1 or 2 QUIZY's, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
              I've always wanted to do letters plus decades. But we'd have to shrink the lineups a bit so you only had to use 1 or 2 QUIZY's, I think.
              Pretty sure we did this 3 or 4 drafts back.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                Pretty sure we did this 3 or 4 drafts back.
                Did I participate and have no memory of it?

Comment

I like the all new players, 1 quizy, 2 or 3 oven, lots of WCs.
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                    I like the all new players, 1 quizy, 2 or 3 oven, lots of WCs.
                    IT's hard to get new players, or else they are too shy to jump in.

Comment

Not sure if this is dry British wit, but he's referring to my proposal, not getting new people to play.
                      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Or, we could do a low-ball draft.

The problem with this and, possibly, the new-player-pool proposal is that the SS would have to be completely changed.

I'd be up for switching to decades.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

yeah, I was trying to figure out if that would be necessary. I mean, there are a lot more players in there than we're already using, so it's not like we'd run out of players on there, but it is pretty likely that at least a couple players who would be good candidates to be picked wouldn't already be there.

I had also tried to figure out a low-ball format. Do you think it'd work properly if we required some minimum AB/IP on both career or BY? I also wondered about doing something where you wanted good career stats and bad BY stats or vice versa.

Also note that I'm pretty sure it's not too difficult to export the entire player database into spreadsheet format if we were okay with having a lot of noise in there. It'd be a big file though, and most likely wouldn't include the summer 2015 updates or final 2015 stats (assuming we did it sometime soon).

Comment

I guess we could throw a decades draft out there and if no one new wants to play, go back to this idea. Maybe Chance is interested in playing though?
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                              I guess we could throw a decades draft out there and if no one new wants to play, go back to this idea. Maybe Chance is interested in playing though?
                              Should we get this Set up to start at end of the SAeason so we can use 2015 season.

Use the time to recruit a few more. Pogues- Riff - SD....

Set up the draft order - Do some Pre-work.

I am In. For anything - but a decade seem to be the Get back into Swing Progression here.

Comment

Working...
                              X