*** VD 10 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    wait, are we doing letters or decades next?
    I vote for Decades this go round. Mainly because I really suck at it in the past.

Comment

Has anyone tried to get Todd Zola in one of these. I know he did a non RJ vintage draft once.

Comment

Originally posted by hacko View Post
        I can live with any rule- I just thought that was why you marked them as contemp to limit how many of them you could pick over players like Mays , Aaron, joe D ,Teddy ballgame. Players who didn't get the use of Modern Meds to Aid them.
        If we're doing decades isn't his all moot?
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Yea- I was just question the points brought up about contempt players. If we do Decades this is just back burner discussions.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
            That's a good point I suppose ... then again, I'm guessing there has always been cheating the game
            Paging Heyelander
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I kind of like the floater idea and Heyelanders idea for no QUIZY OVEN decade restrictions.
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by hacko View Post
                I can live with any rule- I just thought that was why you marked them as contemp to limit how many of them you could pick over players like Mays , Aaron, joe D ,Teddy ballgame. Players who didn't get the use of Modern Meds to Aid them.
                Yeah ... pretty much was. Also remember that the rule was made back in the early/mid 2000's at the height of the Roids scandal. Seems unfair that the post-Roids players have been bottled with the Manny, Mac's and Bonds of this world.

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  I kind of like the floater idea and Heyelanders idea for no QUIZY OVEN decade restrictions.
                  + ....

Comment

So Decades? I'll guess I'm + Decades also.

Comment

Yeah ... pretty much was. Also remember that the rule was made back in the early/mid 2000's at the height of the Roids scandal. Seems unfair that the post-Roids players have been bottled with the Manny, Mac's and Bonds of this world.
                      . Maybe add how many you can pick instead of 3 go 4

Comment

IMO contemporary should be based on BY and should run 95 to 05. This way you can select Ripken as a normal player (91). Perhaps also consider Contemporary if the majority of career was during that 10 yr stretch.
                        "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                        "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Not to mention every year that goes by the player pool in the contemporary group continues to grow.
                          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
                            IMO contemporary should be based on BY and should run 95 to 05. This way you can select Ripken as a normal player (91). Perhaps also consider Contemporary if the majority of career was during that 10 yr stretch.
                            Hey, that's what I said! Sort of.

And if we restrictedit to 95-05, we couldn't call it contemporary anymore. Maybe RoidRage Era.
                            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                              Hey, that's what I said! Sort of.

And if we restrictedit to 95-05, we couldn't call it contemporary anymore. Maybe RoidRage Era.
                              Not that this discussion matters in our next Draft if we do Decades - WHAT WE WANT TO KNOW IS :::

ARE YOU IN YOU HAVE OVER 2 WEEKS TO PREPARE!!!!!!

Comment

crap... I just wrote up a long explanation/invitation to chance and when I hit send I got the Inbox is full message.

Revo, go delete a bunch of his PMs.
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X