Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Josh Harrison: Torn Thumb Ligaments (7/6/15)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh Harrison: Torn Thumb Ligaments (7/6/15)

out six weeks (this seems to be a theme among the recently injured).

Full time ABs for Jung-Ho Kang!

Comment

In my league, he's owned by the same guy who lost Phillips and Y. Molina to thumb ligaments last year. Of course.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
        In my league, he's owned by the same guy who lost Phillips and Y. Molina to thumb ligaments last year. Of course.
        A couple team name suggestions:
        - Team Shitty Hitchhiker
        - Snaggletoothed Linus
        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

frowny face for having to look for a 3B only in deep NL.
          highest AVG among the 10 eligibles is Cliff Pennington's .234

ok, maybe I should look to the trade market....

fyi, the list:
          Adrianza, JArias, JeBaker, TCruz, Descalso, HGomez, JHerrera, Kozma, Pennington, MRojas
          Last edited by Judge Jude; 07-06-2015, 04:45 PM.
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Yeah, I'm looking at a lot of the same guys although mine has to be an OF.

Any of these guys move the needle?
            Bourjos
            Ishikawa
            C. Gillespie
            Schumaker
            Terdoslavich
            J. Baker

Edit: BTW, from your list I guess I like either Pennington or Baker

Comment

My guess is that all of those guys will be terrible, but Gillespie is probably in line for the most playing time - the Marlins official depth chart on mlb.com has him as the RF starter for now.
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Yeah, the Marlins outfield is currently Ichiro, Yelich, Morse (with Bour at first), and Gillespe. Championship!

Other than him, probably try to catch lightning in a bottle with Bourjos? Even though Holliday will be back soon and Grichuk will be sucking up a lot of the extra outfielder ABs?

Comment

Ishikawa might have a pulse. I'd take him if I could

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                    Yeah, I'm looking at a lot of the same guys although mine has to be an OF.

Any of these guys move the needle?
                    Bourjos
                    Ishikawa
                    C. Gillespie
                    Schumaker
                    Terdoslavich
                    J. Baker
                    If those are your only options, in a deep league you may want to roll the dice on 27 year old StL outfielder Tommy Pham who's filling in for injured outfielders Holliday and Jon Jay. He also has a history of being injured but he's healthy now and hit .338/.402/.625 with five homers and six steals in 24 games for Triple-A Memphis this year. Jon Jay sucks and Pham is also supposed to be a pretty good defensive center fielder. So who knows. The Cardinals have a way of just churning these guys out of their minor league system. Maybe you get lucky here.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Bourjos, Pham, Terdoslavich, and Gillespie were all claimed by teams lower in the standings.

I've always been intrigued by Ishikawa but he's never done much of anything. Baker's not hitting lefties as much as he normally does (and that's pretty much the only time he starts) so maybe he's due?

Comment

None of the remaining guys are worth a damn...Save your money, and hopefully, a WW position for next week.
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

We don't do FAAB and the waiver priority is determined by standings so all it'll cost me is $1 in real money for the transaction fee. I guess I could just wait until Spangenberg comes off the DL and put him in there - the chances of Baker or Ishikawa adding anything to my team are pretty slim.

Comment

I'm waiting for Godot. I think he's a 3B in the Padres farm system

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                              We don't do FAAB and the waiver priority is determined by standings so all it'll cost me is $1 in real money for the transaction fee. I guess I could just wait until Spangenberg comes off the DL and put him in there - the chances of Baker or Ishikawa adding anything to my team are pretty slim.
                              Sounds like your best bet to me, at least he can add a little speed to the equation...
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                              X