Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the Most Iconic Song of the 1980s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
    Great song! I highly doubt most of the rubes in my class will know it
    I picked up the 45 of this last week for a buck. I remember it from when I was a kid. I surprised that it was actually pretty good. For some reason I had remembered it being really cheesy. It's only kind of cheesy.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
      Remember that dude's hair? Holy crap. He looked like Edward Scissorhands. But yeah, pretty great song.

Is that Charlie Sexton? The only picture I've ever seen of him is the cover of the 45. You like that song? I would not have expected you to like it.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
        I want to be stereotyped. I want to be classified.
        Good man.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• There's some hidden gems on some of the 80's movie soundtracks.

This song is from the 1984 movie "No Small Affair" starring Jon Cryer and Demi Moore:

edit: Oh yeah, that's Cryer laughing at the end.
          Last edited by madducks; 08-18-2019, 03:09 PM.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• From the 1987 John Hughes movie "Some Kind of Wonderful" starring Eric Stoltz, Mary Stuart Masterson, and Lea Thompson.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I'm including this one with an asterisk.* The song is originally from 1982, but was later included on the soundtrack from the 1991 movie "Career Opportunities". How can anyone say no to Jennifer Connelly?

Last edited by madducks; 08-18-2019, 03:12 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• We never set up the tourney!
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  We never set up the tourney!
                  I was thinking today that I should post an "Iconic song of the 80s" thread, totally forgetting that I already added this gem.

Is there any kind of online bracket maker we can use?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    I was thinking today that I should post an "Iconic song of the 80s" thread, totally forgetting that I already added this gem.

Is there any kind of online bracket maker we can use?
                    How about this?

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

• I'm happy to help set up the field and seeds.
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

• #1s: Don't You Forget About Me, Born in the USA, I'll Stop the World and Melt With You, Whip It
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

• #2s: Pour Some Sugar On Me, Come On Eileen, Beat It, I Love Rock n Roll
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

• #3s: It Takes Two to Make a Thing Go Right, Karma Chameleon, Walk Like an Egyptian, You Gotta Fight For Your Right to Party
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              Can't vote in that bracket manager without a premium subscription.

Comment

• #4s: Material Girl, When Doves Cry, You Spin Me Round, Every Breath You Take
                                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                                X