X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    [crankyrant]

Yeah ... you already helped us out with that about 2 months ago

Thanks for the heads up on the importance of the Dire Wolves as well ... maybe I should just bypass GRR Martin's novels, HBO's $200m production, and my Sky TV subscription and invest everything in your worthless opinion.

[/crankyrant]
    Dude, far be it from me to defend onejayhawk, but one word for you: Decaf
    “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Just kidding johnny, but seriously, there have been no spoilers on any of the threads of any consequence, imo. We love these books and I think we've gone out of our way not to spoil them for other readers.

Get the books and start reading. You'll love them too, I swear.
      “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
      -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Originally posted by Wonderboy View Post
        Just kidding johnny, but seriously, there have been no spoilers on any of the threads of any consequence, imo. We love these books and I think we've gone out of our way not to spoil them for other readers.

Get the books and start reading. You'll love them too, I swear.
        Had to get it out of the system ... like treason, spoilers are noxious weed that should be torn out

But I would hardly say spoiling the series climax is of no consequence.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
          Had to get it out of the system ... like treason, spoilers are noxious weed that should be torn out

But I would hardly say spoiling the series climax is of no consequence.
          Yeah but he didn't post that until after the show aired. Is that really a spoiler? And more important, why am I defending onejayhawk, my mortal ememy?

BTW, Rosebud? IT'S A SLED!!!!!
          -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Yeah but he didn't post that until after the show aired. Is that really a spoiler? And more important, why am I defending onejayhawk, my mortal ememy?

BTW, Rosebud? IT'S A SLED!!!!!
            Any more spoilers out of you and your fate will be that of a citizen, caned.
            "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
              Any more spoilers out of you and your fate will be that of a citizen, caned.
              Well done, sir, well done.
              -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Yeah but he didn't post that until after the show aired. Is that really a spoiler?
                Isn't that the point ... while the show is airing he is giving away the ending.

I mean there were dozens of threads and incidents introduced and hinted at though the first series that could be of huge importance now or in a later series ... others have no impact whatsoever ... that's part of the mystery of watching.

Anyway ...

And more important, why am I defending onejayhawk, my mortal ememy?
                I too have done a few things in my life I may never live down

Comment

• Of course, the other side of the coin is that if you are really dedicated to avoiding spoilers you'd have never opened this thread in the first place. You never know what some random internet douche will say.

I get game of thrones updates on my facebook. Every time they make a new post some loser jumps in the comments section and gives away several of the major plot points of the next 3 books.
                  I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by billbuckner View Post
                    Of course, the other side of the coin is that if you are really dedicated to avoiding spoilers you'd have never opened this thread in the first place. You never know what some random internet douche will say.

I get game of thrones updates on my facebook. Every time they make a new post some loser jumps in the comments section and gives away several of the major plot points of the next 3 books.
                    Yeah ... I suppose you're right.

Comment

• Originally posted by billbuckner View Post
                      random internet douche
                      If we still had avatar tags, this would so be my new one!
                      -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Very solid finale...might have to read the books now.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• i watch this show a lot on the net before i go to bed since i don't have cable and i notice things a lot from watching it repeatedly. today i was watching season 7 episode 4 Spoils of War where Arya returns to Winterfell. and when Bran gives her the valyrian dagger Littlefinger gave him, (as he's the one eye'd raven now) when she touches it while he is he makes an odd reaction like he just saw something. and since valyrian steel is import for killing white walkers and Arya is badass now, it seemed like there is something there.

like i noticed Tyrion has tried to tell this joke like 3 times i think.. I once walked into a brothel with a honeycomb and a jackass.. lol

Comment

• today i noticed the same valyrian dagger was in a book. it showed a picture of it. i forget who was looking at the book i think it was Gilly thumbing through a book while talking to Sam at the citadel but it could've been Jaime Lannister while giving armor to Brienne.

i also noticed Gilly asked Sam what an annulment was and Sam explained and she was just about to say, in the High Septon's diary, he annulled Rhaegar's marriage to Elia. and wed Rhaegar and Lyanna in a secret ceremony. but Same cut her off and went into an awesome rant.
                            Samwell Tarly: These maesters... they set me to the task of preserving that man's window counting and annulments and bowel movements for all eternity, while the secret to defeating the Night King's probably sitting on some dusty shelf somewhere, completely ignored. But that's all right, isn't it? We can all become slavering, murderous imbeciles in thrall to evil incarnate as long as we can have access to the full records of High Septon Maynard's 15,782 shits!

Gilly: Steps. That number was the steps.
                            although later when Sam talked to Bran he mentioned he had read about Lyanna and Rhaegers secret ceremony.

Comment

• i don't have cable so i just watch GoT every time i go to bed. stream4free GoT. you should have anti-virus though. malware.

15,782 shits!

15,782 shits!

15,782 shits!

15,782 shits!

this is the official answer to math questions.

Comment

Working...
                              X