No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones - HBO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How'd y'all like Episode 2? The whole thing on King's Road w/ Sansa and Joffrey and all... that's good storytelling. So painful to see it all go down. Sansa sucks... but she'll come to miss that direwolf. Man.

Comment

I thought the second episode was even better than the first. The sole complaint I have so far is that they didn't develop the bond between the Stark children and the dire wolves. So when Lady had to be put down, some viewers might not care since she had only been in one prior scene.

And just think -- the action really hasn't taken off yet!
      “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
      -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderboy View Post
        I thought the second episode was even better than the first. The sole complaint I have so far is that they didn't develop the bond between the Stark children and the dire wolves. So when Lady had to be put down, some viewers might not care since she had only been in one prior scene.

And just think -- the action really hasn't taken off yet!
        Agreed. But man was it painful to watch for those who do know of that bond.
        Arya is my favourite character in the books, and she's stealing the show on the screen as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon View Post
          Arya is my favourite character in the books, and she's stealing the show on the screen as well.
          And absolute perfect casting. I can't put my finger on it, but she has the look. Even better than I imagined her from the book and I'm glad they didn't "prettify" her.

Not a spoiler and just a guess, but it won't surprise me if she is the Start to eventually win the game of thrones.
          “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
          -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I just keep thinking, new viewers who think they have this show pegged sure have a lot of surprises coming.

Yeah, seems they haven't had time to really flesh out the dire wolves... they didn't even make it clear that the howling Cat complained about was Bran's wolf, howling down below because they wouldn't let him up. And Jon's wolf was missing the whole time. Should have seen him on the road or something.

The Lannisters are amazingly well cast, the whole lot of 'em. Even Joffrey. ;] And the guy who's going to play Grandad Lannister looks to be perfect, too.

Best tweet I read last night: re: Khol Drago: "Wow, Dave Nvarro's really been working out."

Comment

[QUOTE=Jefe;17967]Yeah, seems they haven't had time to really flesh out the dire wolves... they didn't even make it clear that the howling Cat complained about was Bran's wolf, howling down below because they wouldn't let him up. And Jon's wolf was missing the whole time. Should have seen him on the road or something.
              QUOTE]

Nor that Cat didn't want Summer in the room with Bran at all...and how cool was that scene when he came in to take out the assassin, then calmly lay down on the bed by his little master. Knowing that Cat herself was the one who had banished him made that look on her face even better.

As to Arya winning the game Wonderboy, she's spiralling into a real dark place...wonder if she will ever get out.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon View Post
                As to Arya winning the game Wonderboy, she's spiralling into a real dark place...wonder if she will ever get out.
                Not to completely derail it this with an Arya sidebar, but I'm not really sure what she's doing. (I'm honestly not sure why she's still around at this point.)

Comment

Originally posted by ShadeEagle View Post
                  Not to completely derail it this with an Arya sidebar, but I'm not really sure what she's doing. (I'm honestly not sure why she's still around at this point.)
                  I'm sure Martin has plans for her. She'll have a part to play before it's all said and done...

Comment

Game of Thrones inspired food blog:

Comment

Just saw the previews for this weekends show-- **** is hitting the fan pretty fast.
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I haven't read the books but the 1st two episodes have been highly entertaining.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          I haven't read the books but the 1st two episodes have been highly entertaining.
                          Trust me, you ain't seen nothing yet! It's a rare combination of being both character driven and action driven.
                          -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Man, the third episode was awesome! This series just gets better and better. Peter Dinklage owns his role!
                            -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderboy View Post
                              Man, the third episode was awesome! This series just gets better and better. Peter Dinklage owns his role!
                              True Dat

Comment

What lurks north of the Wall?

Comment

Working...
                                X