any tight races out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any tight races out there?

our current leaderboard, possible 120 pts and 100 used to win but now 93-95 does

64.5 (me)

I have 3 of the bottom 4 making a charge, and many of the contenders being paper tigers

projected "winner" is the 69 turning into a whopping 84, but even he needs BHamilton to stay in majors and Jose Fernandez to come back soon

#parity
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Strangely, my 12-team NL-only started off with a clear leader (the guy who has Adrian Gonzalez) before a different top-3 quickly emerged. I had been very comfortably in 3rd place for quite a while until my hitters really caught fire and I've been bouncing between 1st and 3rd in the last week or so. Here's how it looks right now:

96.5 - me

I already reached out to the 12th place team about dumping but he's actually optimistic that his team will pull out of it. Already made one fairly minor trade myself (essentially $1 Alen Hanson for $16 Jhonny Peralta since my starting SS was Chad Pennington) but I'm actually thinking I won't have to make any drastic deals since I still have David Wright and Jake Lamb as well as my $1 Charlie Morton coming off the DL soon. Essentially, you can pry Corey Seager from my cold dead hands

Comment

murkiness Mets buzz about David Wright's health. monitor, and lay low on Seager til you are calmed

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
        I already reached out to the 12th place team about dumping but he's actually optimistic that his team will pull out of it. Already made one fairly minor trade myself (essentially $1 Alen Hanson for $16 Jhonny Peralta since my starting SS was Chad Pennington) but I'm actually thinking I won't have to make any drastic deals since I still have David Wright and Jake Lamb as well as my $1 Charlie Morton coming off the DL soon. Essentially, you can pry Corey Seager from my cold dead hands
        I was wondering what happened to him after that shoulder injury he suffered back in 2010. Nice to see he's making a comeback in a different sport.
        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
          I was wondering what happened to him after that shoulder injury he suffered back in 2010. Nice to see he's making a comeback in a different sport.
          I was getting about the same amount of production

If I were to put Seager on the market I would most certainly gain enough assets to win the league, but as of now my roster seems capable of taking this thing down with one or two minor trades rather than a blockbuster. Surprisingly pitching has been the issue due to slow starts by Kershaw and Hamels while almost everything has broken right on the hitting side.

Comment

14 team mixed league with a possible 140 points. Pay top four. Unlike last year's runaway title, this one looks like it could go down to the final day(s). I prefer a nailbiting close race. More so when i'm a part of it.

94.5 (me)

74 (mith - 3 time defending champ)
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

now getting comical. top to bottom

68 (me)

oh, and HQ projections teams in 10th and 12th to rally and finish in money

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

mock 1 standings as of 5/19:

willthethrill 162
                revo 158.5
                Piney Boy 155.5

will has been leading most of the year that I remember (I think joncarlos had the lead early, but he is in 4th now), but revo just shot past me last week. Been interesting so far as I never better than middle of the pack in this league.
                Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  Ah, mock 1 where half the owners didn't even know what site we were using. I have never even looked at my team over there, mostly due to the frustration with the preseason shenanigans. Heavy competition!

Edit: Shocker! I'm in last. I guess having a lineup where half the guys are injured or demoted will do that to a team.
                  I looked once, but now I have to go look again, since you brought it up. I just have to figure out where the league is, exactly...
                  Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Ah, mock 1 where half the owners didn't even know what site we were using. I have never even looked at my team over there, mostly due to the frustration with the preseason shenanigans. Heavy competition!

Edit: Shocker! I'm in last. I guess having a lineup where half the guys are injured or demoted will do that to a team.

I honestly forgot about that league. Why did we do it on Fantrax?
                    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Because we drafted on fantrax.
                      Because we're idiots?

Comment

Lol at mocking the mock.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                        X