No announcement yet.

Return of the Travel thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rehoboth is next week for the Hammer clan. Great suggestions up top. Any other must see or most do's?
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

So Continental and United are merging their miles programs. I thought that USAir and United were also merged, but I can't remember the details. I have miles on Continental and USAir and I'd love to combine them, but it doesn't look like you can merge USAir and United miles. Anyone have any experience dealing with this crap? I don't fly a ton and my company always has us going on random airlines so I have just a few thousand miles on every airline out there.

Comment

I think there are some sites that allow you to trade miles off and what not

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
          I think there are some sites that allow you to trade miles off and what not
          Yeah, if you're like me and you have a bunch of miles in different places, Points.com is pretty solid. The exchange rates kinda suck, but most of the time you can do it, and they also allow you to trade with other members where you can get a better deal. So instead of trading my 8000 USAir miles for 2000 American miles, maybe I can trade them to someone else for 6000 AA miles. I'm not sure if there are any other similar sites out there.

Comment

Samoan airline to charge passengers ticket price based on their weight

I'd get 9 pct off based on the #weightlossthread in the past 3 months!
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

If I have to pay by weight do I also get a discount for putting my 6' 6" body into one of those cramped little seats?

Comment

Phuket was nice. A nice break from the cold, dirty air of northern China.
                拖裤子,
                放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

"Phuket was nice. A nice break ...."

Yes, the perfect name for a resort area!

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

BTW, I thought frequent fliers were supposed to get at least a little better treatment. We almost didn't make it to Phuket because the first leg of our flight was diverted due to weather. We had to find our own way (by train) to our Guangzhou where we were supposed to land. Then, since we missed our connection, we had to buy new tickets!!!?!?!? (which we didn't). They wouldn't book us on another flight because it was frequent flier and they had limited seats they could use for that purpose. Eventually, the next day, we got a stand-by flight to Bangkok, but there were no seats to Phuket. So, we had to buy tickets on another airline to make it to our final destination. Thankfully, our return trip was uneventful.
                    拖裤子,
                    放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

If you were using frequent flier miles - that is, you didn't pay - even in the US you may go the back of the line, depending on how tenuous your VIP status is....

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Downtown Atlanta - If you like good German beer and food, go to Der Biergarten. Just great Jagerschnitzel and Spatzel...and a liter of draft Paulaner. Yum.

Stats, just down the street, is the ultimate sports bar. Their food is OK, but their beer selection is great, and they have just about anything imaginable on sports on the TVs.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

for any Arizonans - we'll be there for a week over Christmas for a family get-together, specifically Scottsdale. Any suggestions? We'll be doing the obligatory day trip to the Grand Canyon, and I've noticed a few hiking trails into the desert just outside of town.
                          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Might be heading to Knoxville TN for a couple days. Anyone ever been there with any suggestions? They don't seem to have a signature food and I am not sure they have a signature tourist attraction either. I'm baffled.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                              Might be heading to Knoxville TN for a couple days. Anyone ever been there with any suggestions? They don't seem to have a signature food and I am not sure they have a signature tourist attraction either. I'm baffled.
                              Isn't Knoxville close to the Smokey Mountains National Park? That's a great place to go if you like outdoors-y activities.

Comment

Originally posted by ironfist View Post
                                Isn't Knoxville close to the Smokey Mountains National Park? That's a great place to go if you like outdoors-y activities.
                                I think so. I'm going for work so I may not have a lot of daylight free time, but I'll check it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X