Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK, Explain this Chip Kelly move.... let's Maclin go to the Chiefs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
    Aaaaandddd.....it appears Mathews is still heading to Philly after all. Bizarre
    Good for the Eagles (I think), bad for everyone's fantasy values.....

Comment

Soooo...for roughly the cap cost of LeSean McCoy, the Eagles get both Murray AND Mathews.

Looks like they kinda know what they're doing here.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        Soooo...for roughly the cap cost of LeSean McCoy, the Eagles get both Murray AND Mathews.

Well.... as long as Bradford doesn't suck.... and as long as they find at least 1 good WR in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post

Heard a quote on the way home...Top two RB's in YPC out of the shotgun last year...Matthews and Murray, in that order.

Not sure if I like this or not, but I'm grasping that there is a method to this madness.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Deuce View Post
            Well.... as long as Bradford doesn't suck.... and as long as they find at least 1 good WR in the draft.
            There's still some WR free agent possibilities out there: Harvin, Crabtree, Britt, Shorts...so maybe they don't need to go high on WR in the draft, just get one of these guys.
            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

D Bowe cut. With Maclin in house, Bowe's contract was unsupportable.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                There's still some WR free agent possibilities out there: Harvin, Crabtree, Britt, Shorts...so maybe they don't need to go high on WR in the draft, just get one of these guys.
                Well, I hope not Harvin or Britt.... And I doubt Kelly would take either one, as he keeps talking about how important the "culture" of a team is.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Good for the Eagles (I think), bad for everyone's fantasy values.....
                  Until one of Murray or Mathews gets hurt, which is quite possible, especially for the latter.
                  Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

C'mon, is this a joke? Tebow will be 28 by the time the season begins. For a guy who supposedly got no chances, he's getting far more chances than any QB with a career 47% completion rate has ever got.

NBC Washington's Dianna Marie Russini reports there's an "80 percent chance" the Eagles will sign free agent Tim Tebow if they can trade Matt Barkley.
                    ESPN's Chris Mortensen has reported the Eagles are trying to trade Barkley for a "late" pick, something Russini confirms. If football czar Chip Kelly has serious eyes for Tebow, it's unclear why he wouldn't just release Barkley and his $592,500 salary. He must genuinely believe there's a market for Barkley's services. We find it rather hard to believe. There will undoubtedly be more Tebow updates as the week rolls on.
                    Source: Dianna Marie Russini on Twitter Mar 17 - 6:50 PM

Comment

from BleedingGreenNation.com

Sound the alarms. It's time once again for a Marcus Mariota rumor involving Chip Kelly and the Philadelphia Eagles.

This time around it's Mike Freeman of Bleacher Report with the inside information. Here's what he had to say:

"Eagles Still in Play for Mariota?

I continue to hear it. Not rumors. People who would know are saying Chip Kelly is still in the mix to try to get Marcus Mariota.

I still cannot find anyone in the NFL who believes Kelly is satisfied with Sam Bradford. I still cannot find anyone in the NFL who believes Kelly when he says he will not make a play for Mariota. Not a single person. I'm sure there are people who do believe Kelly. I just can't find them."

Comment

Nobody knows anything right now, especially not people from Bleacher Report.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                          Nobody knows anything right now, especially not people from Bleacher Report.
                          Well, neither of us know that for sure... and I still think he does want Mariota.

Comment

Nobody saw the McCoy trade coming. Nobody saw the Bradford trade coming. Nobody saw the Mathews signing coming. There was buzz about Murray, but mainly because it was known that we were one of the few teams that had a need and could meet his asking price. There was buzz about Maxwell, but we were linked to every halfway decent DB on the market because of how bad our secondary was last year.

Not once has the media, whether mainstream or "new media," had any special insight into what Kelly might do before he does it.

Comment

C'mon, is this a joke? Tebow will be 28 by the time the season begins. For a guy who supposedly got no chances, he's getting far more chances than any QB with a career 47% completion rate has ever got.

NBC Washington's Dianna Marie Russini reports there's an "80 percent chance" the Eagles will sign free agent Tim Tebow if they can trade Matt Barkley.
                              ESPN's Chris Mortensen has reported the Eagles are trying to trade Barkley for a "late" pick, something Russini confirms. If football czar Chip Kelly has serious eyes for Tebow, it's unclear why he wouldn't just release Barkley and his $592,500 salary. He must genuinely believe there's a market for Barkley's services. We find it rather hard to believe. There will undoubtedly be more Tebow updates as the week rolls on.
                              Source: Dianna Marie Russini on Twitter Mar 17 - 6:50 PM
                              Welcome to Philly, Tim!

Comment

Welcome to Philly, Tim!
                                He should provide a boost for the Eagle's new jersey sales. And also their New Jersey sales.
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X