Super Bowl XLIX Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    Only after it was pointed out by about 10,000 Twitter users. Jackass was too stupid to realize he screwed up on a high school level problem until it was pointed out.
    if you gave that problem to 1 million high school students, without any prep, i'd guess a handful would get it right. i'd say the same of most college students.

scientists bungle calculations all the time. you'd be surprised. NDT is just too famous for his own good. but don't overstate the magnitude of the mistake...
    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Saw a TV report estimating that Super Bowl security is expected to cost over $3 million.

Here's another story:
      http://www.cbsnews.com/news/super-bo...extraordinary/

"From the air, Black Hawk helicopters will enforce a no-fly zone and monitor what's happening on the ground."

"Cameras will send real-time video to command centers, where officers like Phoenix Police Sgt. Anthony Jones will monitor activity outside and inside the stadium."

"Border Protection also moved in a huge X-ray machine to screen every delivery truck entering the stadium. They're looking for explosives and other dangerous materials. The machine is usually stationed at the Arizona-Mexico border. "
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Sherman family

"Despite having a son who recently just signed a $56 million contract with the Seattle Seahawks, Kevin Sherman still wakes up early [3:45 am] to do the job he has done for more than two decades.

Kevin, whose son Richard Sherman will play in his second-straight Super Bowl, has worked as a trash-truck driver in Los Angeles for 26 years..... . "I want to get that pension and the medical benefits just so it’s one more thing my son doesn’t have to worry about.".... To make things even tougher, Kevin Sherman lost his right eye in a go-kart explosion at age 14..... Sherman's mom, Beverley, works with disabled inner-city children."
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Roger Goodell today turned down NBC request for pre-game interview.

Apparently it's not just Lynch who is in "Beast Mode."

lame, Roger. lame.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Man, these commercials really suck.

Note to self: Don't go to McDonalds for the next two weeks.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

yeah, my wife looks about 30 but her mom died of cancer 2 years ago. if some dumbass at McDonald's insisted she call her mom.....

let's just say it's a good thing that she doesn't go to McDonald's, or I'd need to set up a bail fund.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

I haven't heard any of the commentators mention that Pete Carroll's old school, USC, was caught deflating footballs just a couple of years ago, under the Lane Kiffin regime. Using the same strict standards of logical reasoning as have been applied to the Patriots, we know that if it happened two years ago at USC, it must have also happened when PC was the head coach. Conspiracy theory compels the conclusion that PC set up the Patriots after the Colts game to draw attention away from the Seahawks, who have doctored the ball six ways tonight. And have injected Marshawn's pads with liquid mercury to make him unstoppable. And they obviously put acid in Belichick's gatorade.

Comment

Dumbest playcall ever!

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I feel like Terrell Suggs right now.

Oh. My. God.
                    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      Dumbest playcall ever!
                      It really was.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I thought Seattle was significantly outmanned vs GB and a gimpy Aaron Rodgers, too, as well as tonite.

If you take that POV, you notice that Carroll coached that way in both games. I think he was right, and it got him to pull one out of his arse vs a better but cowardly GB team and he mad-gambled that 2nd TD in the 1st half tonite. He brilliantly pulled a "out of nowhere" receiver in this game knowing that he couldn't compete straight-up.

Did he make one risk too many on the losing play? Ok. But I think no other coach gets them that close. They struggled against a QB-less STL with a 1 vs 6 seed on line in Week 17, struggled vs another losing CAR team in the playoffs, and got dominated by GB until McCarthy curled his team into a ball. I think Carroll played a losing hand brilliantly for a month, and if he hit on 15 too many times, well, he didn't have a great hand.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Dumbest playcall ever!
                          Too bad Marshawn Lynch doesn't talk to the media. I would love to hear his thoughts on his team throwing a pass on 2nd and goal from the one yard line with 20 seconds left and down by 4 points in the Super Bowl.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Too bad Marshawn Lynch doesn't talk to the media. I would love to hear his thoughts on his team throwing a pass on 2nd and goal from the one yard line with 20 seconds left and down by 4 points in the Super Bowl.
                            ^this. unbelievable play call.
                            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

I saw where Marshawn did talk to one member of the media. When asked if he was upset about not getting the call he said "No. We play football. It's a team sport." If that story was true, he moves up a couple of notches in my estimation. Win and lose with grace.

Pete Carroll is trying to take all the blame for the call, even though it appears it was actually the offensive coordinator.

Comment

Steve Young says that he at least understands what he was trying to do. He doesn't agree, but understands the theory.

Comment

Working...
                                X