2015 RJ Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 RJ Mock Draft Discussion Thread

I'm up for doing this again, and doing the scutwork to get it up and keep it going as long as we don't start for another couple of weeks to permit me to get beyond some projects at work. Post here if you want in; anyone who participated last year and doesn't post I'll message later this week or so. General parameters of the draft set forth below. For anyone who hasn't done it in the past, it's a good way to get your head back into baseball for the upcoming season. 20 teams was the limit because that is the limit on Yahoo.

I've looked at Fantrax as a place that looks like it can handle a large slow draft (including e-mails on picks) and be the free stat site during the season. Does anyone have any experience with that site for drafting? It could even go bigger than the 20 team limit on Yahoo.

Previous parameters:

Standard 5x5 roto scoring.

27-man rosters: 13 hitters (C,1B,3B,CI,2B,SS,MI,OF,OF,OF,OF,OF,UT), 9 pitchers (SP,SP,SP,RP,RP,P,P,P,P), 5 reserves (any).

Position eligibility is 15 games played last season for draft purposes (or the majority of games played for those players who did not play 15 games at any one position).

Starters must be picked before reserves.

Yup.

And I thought we were going to do away with the starters picked before reserves for this year.
    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Last year we started around the end of January - I was actually just looking at the thread earlier today.

I'm in. I think we should keep the drafting starters before reserves but it's not a dealbreaker.

Comment

In, and also think you should be able to draft who you want when you want.

Comment

I'll try .
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            I'll try .
            There is no try, only do or do not.

I'm in...make it a regular season league as well?
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              There is no try, only do or do not.

I'm in...make it a regular season league as well?
              What would we do without you............
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

What would we do without you............
                I don't know man...should i bag out for a couple of years and see what happens?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

You should, it's like detoxing.......

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

You should, it's like detoxing.......
                    LOL...lord know, I'm as toxic as it gets.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I'm in.

I've used Fantrax for slow drafts in the past and it works fine.

Comment

I have no problem being in. I don't like the idea of allowing reserves to be chosen before regulars as it would seem to make it difficult to plan but I can accept it.

Comment

Thanks. We had great difficulty getting the timer settings to stick on Mock Draft Central last year, and had to abandon it. Fantrax offers a lot of league management features for free that other sites charge for. If we go with it, I'll need e-mails at some point to send invites.

Originally posted by quoin View Post
                          I'm in.

I've used Fantrax for slow drafts in the past and it works fine.

Comment

I participated last year, so just checking in right now. Not sure if I'm going to participate yet.
                            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Sure, I'm in
                              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                              X