*Official* In Memoriam Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
    Saw him against Dusty Rhodes in Tulsa, OK many, many years ago. Harley was an awesome pro wrestler. And from what I read on the Internet, someone you didn't want to mess with.
    don't they call it 'rasslin' in your world?
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      Or "going to Wal-Mart today ..."
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        Well, yes, they do.
        “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
          Or "going to Wal-Mart today ..."
          Oh, Jeez, I hate going to Walmart.
          “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Counterculture icon Peter Fonda died at age 79. RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Counterculture icon Peter Fonda died at age 79. RIP.
              I remember him from "Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry" and also an obscure, dark film called "Open Season" which I've only ever seen once.

Comment

Counterculture icon Peter Fonda died at age 79. RIP.
                Great little tidbit from the interwebs, so your mileage may vary...

Apparently, Fonda was at a part with some of the Beatles, and he uttered the line, "I know what it's like to be dead"...which was later in the song, He said, She said...
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Legendary sports broadcaster Jack Whitaker died at age 95. RIP.

Comment

• Valerie Harper, who achieved fame as Rhoda on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" and continued as the character in a popular spinoff series, has died at age 80 after a long battle with cancer. RIP.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Franco Columbu, a 2-time Mr. Olympia, died at age 78.

Jim Leavell, the Dallas detective who was famously photographed in momentary shock as Jack Ruby gunned down Lee Harvey Oswald, died at age 99.

Randy Romero, a Hall of Fame jockey who rode such top horses like Personal Ensign, Go for Wand, Creme Fraiche, Housebuster, Skip Trial and many others, died at age 61.

Comment

Jim Leavell, the Dallas detective who was famously photographed in momentary shock as Jack Ruby gunned down Lee Harvey Oswald, died at age 99.
                        Jim Leavelle was the detective that Oswalt was handcuffed to when Ruby shot Oswalt. I would be shocked too if i was suddenly handcuffed to a dead man.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• T. Boone Pickens, legendary oil tycoon and corporate raider, died at age 91. RIP.

Comment

• Former Sen. Kay Hagan of NC died unexpectedly this morning at age 66.

Former Rep. John Conyers, who was the longest serving African-American rep., died at age 90. RIP to both.

Legendary Hollywood producer Robert Evans died at age 89.

Comment

• Actor and comedian John Witherspoon, who is best known for playing Ice Cube's dad in the "Friday," film series has died at the age of 77. RIP.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• "Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" actor Brian Tarantina died at age 60 from a suspected overdose.

Comment

Working...
                                X