Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 341

Thread: *Official* In Memoriam Thread

  1. #331
    Administrator revo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    fuggedabboutit
    Posts
    18,931
    Arte Johnson, best known for his time on Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In ("Verrrrryy interesting......but schtoopid!") died at age 90. RIP.

  2. #332
    Administrator revo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    fuggedabboutit
    Posts
    18,931
    Ross Perot, the billionaire who launched a credible 3rd party bid for the White House in both 1992 & 1996, died at age 89. RIP.

  3. #333
    Big Leaguer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,420
    Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Ross Perot, the billionaire who launched a credible 3rd party bid for the White House in both 1992 & 1996, died at age 89. RIP.
    RIP. My personal favorite Presidential candidate. Most of what he predicted during the 1992 campaign wound up coming true and if he had been just 10% less crazy, he might have won. Taking a hiatus 6 months before the election and then trying to get back in was truly bizarre.

  4. #334
    Perot got an amazing 19 pct of the vote in 1992.

    In Maine, it went Clinton 38.8, Perot 30.44, Bush 30.39.

    even while being excluded from the 1996 debates, he got 8 pct of the national vote.
    36th yr in same 12-team NL 5x5
    rallied to within 10 pts out of 3rd at the ASB
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

    SP Scherzer 44, Keuchel LD, CSmith 1, Roark 8, Samardzija 1, Mahle, Pivetta 10
    RP Jeffress 1, Dyson
    C Realmuto 13, C Posey 12, 1B Votto 27, 3B TFrazier 2, 13 Belt 10, 2B KMarte LD, SS DeJong LD, 2S BCrawford 9
    OF Harper LD, Eaton LD, CDickerson 17, Dyson 8, Bruce LD, UT Cooper
    IL: SP Cueto 1, RP TGuerrero, SS EGonzalez 2
    minors: OFs NWilliams 2, Daza, RDavis

  5. #335
    Hall of Famer B-Fly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Montclair, NJ
    Posts
    47,522
    Y'all must not have daughters. I was shocked when I heard that my 10-year-old daughter's celebrity crush, Disney TV star Cameron Boyce (from The Descendants TV movies and Jessie) died over the weekend at age 20 from a seizure related to a medical condition. My daughter's away at camp, so I don't know whether they got that news there or if I'll have to break it to her next Saturday when I visit her.

  6. #336
    Big Leaguer Pauly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,996

    I speak fluent bullshit.
    RIP to one of the greats, Rip Torn.

  7. #337
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    28,710
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Fly View Post
    Y'all must not have daughters. I was shocked when I heard that my 10-year-old daughter's celebrity crush, Disney TV star Cameron Boyce (from The Descendants TV movies and Jessie) died over the weekend at age 20 from a seizure related to a medical condition. My daughter's away at camp, so I don't know whether they got that news there or if I'll have to break it to her next Saturday when I visit her.
    I wasn't familiar with him, but what terrible news.

    This is the kind of thing that is too terrible to contemplate for parents.

  8. #338
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    28,710
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauly View Post

    “I speak fluent bullshit.”
    RIP to one of the greats, Rip Torn.
    Loved his work. I was surprised to see he was 88.

  9. #339
    Big Leaguer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,420
    Good article summing up Perot in 1992:
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/analysi...ot-obituaries/

  10. #340
    Big Leaguer Teenwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,850
    I loved Rip Torn as the lawyer for Albert Brooks in the after world in Defending Your Life. Meryl Streep as the love interest... brilliant film.

    Also, definitely a good excuse to rewatch Freddy Got Fingered. Apparently my wife was an extra in the airport finale scene in the crowd. She was 17 years old, skipping school.

    R.I.P Rip Torn

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •