*Official* In Memoriam Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    Actress Mira Furlan, best known as Delenn in the greatest TV sci-fi series evah, Babylon 5, died at age 65.
    I came to B5 very late and got all caught up into it when it was on Amazon, and just before I got to the last episode of the first season, they pulled it. I have been waiting ever since for it to land on some streaming service--I have a lot of them--but it has not yet. It deserves to be somewhere. She was great on it.

Comment

• Breaking News: Larry King has died at 87. In five decades on radio and TV, he interviewed presidents, psychics, movie stars and swindlers — anyone with a story to tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
        Breaking News: Larry King has died at 87. In five decades on radio and TV, he interviewed presidents, psychics, movie stars and swindlers — anyone with a story to tell.
        Even tho his notoriety is for being an interviewer/talk show host, when I think of Larry King the first thing I think of is the "Carvel Story" which I always thought was hilarious. Also, the "Gil Moppo" story. RIP.

Comment

• Actor Gregory Sierra, best known for his roles in "Sanford and Son" and "Barney Miller," died on January 4 from cancer. He was 83. RIP.

On "Sanford and Son," he was a series regular as the neighbor Julio Fuentes. Later, he portrayed Miguel "Chano" Amanguale, a detective on "Barney Miller."
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Harthorne Wingo, a fan favorite on the 1973 NY Knicks championship team, died at age 73. RIP.

Comment

• Actress Cloris Leachman, a record 9-time Emmy award winner and Academy Award winner for her role in "The Last Picture Show". She also played Frau Blucher in "Young Frankenstein".

On TV, she played landlady Phyllis Lindstrom on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" and later got her own spin-off series "Phyllis".

Cloris Leachman was 94. RIP.

Last edited by madducks; 01-28-2021, 01:46 AM.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Such a major contributor to the funniest movie of all time Young Frankenstein.

Comment

• Actress Cicely Tyson died at age 96. RIP.

Comment

• John Chaney, legendary Temple University basketball coach, has died at the age of 89

Comment

• Animals' guitarist Hilton Valentine, best known for the iconic opening riff on the English rock band's arrangement of "The House of the Rising Sun," has died at the age of 77. RIP.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Dustin Diamond, who played Screech in "Saved By the Bell" died from cancer at age 44. RIP.

Comment

• Actor, writer, and director Hal Holbrook has died. The five-time Emmy winner passed away on Jan. 23 He was 95.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                            Actor, writer, and director Hal Holbrook has died. The five-time Emmy winner passed away on Jan. 23 He was 95.
                            I had the pleasure of seeing Mr. Holbrook perform his Mark Twain Tonight live sometime in the 1970's. I walked out of the theater with my jaw dragging on the floor. A fantastic night.

I bought the VHS tape of his show. It was good but lacked so much of what his live performance offered.

I have never met Hal Holbrook, but I feel like I have met Mark Twain.

Thank you Mr. Holbrook. Rest in peace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                              I came to B5 very late and got all caught up into it when it was on Amazon, and just before I got to the last episode of the first season, they pulled it. I have been waiting ever since for it to land on some streaming service--I have a lot of them--but it has not yet. It deserves to be somewhere. She was great on it.
                              B5 is now on HBO Max. I am jumping in where ai left off when it left Amazon.

Comment

• RIP Christopher Plummer

Underappreciated in my book. He's best known for the Sound of Music, but there is so much more to his acting!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ad-91-n1256883
                                "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                                - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                                - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Working...
                                X